Night Game announcement!

• 119 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Night Game announcement!
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2009, 12:02:43 »
That guy who said Nifflas is on his douchebag list also said that freeware games have 100% piracy rate.
The other person didn't even know Nicalis exists and blames Nifflas for this. 9_9

Negative, obnoxious people is right.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2009, 13:02:34 »
That's gone too far, we should stop complaining about it being on Wii only.

We should stop complaining because a bunch of obnoxious near-trolls also happen to be complaining?
good bye

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2009, 13:02:51 »
I've signed the partition:
A minute ago    LPChip LPChip: Its really a bad mistake to make this game Wiiware only. This decision makes Nicalis doomed to grow big actually. If they allowed for a pc game to pay for they would get a good name. I don't even care if I have to pay as much money for it as I would for the Wii. I don't own a Wii, and I never will.

Its the least I can do. But I'm in this like this: If Nicalis is indeed this stupid, then so be it. They won't be able to survive with decisions like this. I bet they want to prevent illegal copies to be made and thus think that making it Wiiware only will stop that. Too bad for them that the Wii has been hacked and that all games can be downloaded illegally there too. Nicalis has digged his own grave by this decision. So be it. Lets move on, a nice birdgame is on the rise (or something like that)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2009, 13:16:17 »
Lets move on, a nice birdgame is on the rise (or something like that)
It is on liftoff! Har har har.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lingon

• View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2009, 16:05:16 »
After all these freeware games he has released nifflas deserve this opportunity... even though he may not want it :)

I dont have a wii, and ill probably never play night game (skymning), which is sad. Im just happy that nifflas has inspired so many here allready, me included. We can all make up for this by creating more knytt levels, and other games aswell. Go community!  X)

EDIT:

A lot of Knytt and Knytt stories fans have asked if Night game was created by that same person..
I was shocked because it should've been clear that Nifflas made this. But now that "Nicalis" has it's name written all over Night Game then I suppose Nifflas might not get the reputation with this one.
And no new people will register in this forum. I remember I registered straight after I played Knytt ( or Knytt Stories, I forgot) because I wanted to meet this guy!

But now that Nicalis has a forum opened for Night Game...

I agree. I was surprised when i couldnt see that nifflas was mentioned anywhere in that preview article... and hes the "director, game and level designer". Is it just us here in the forum who will give nifflas the cred he deserves?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 16:28:19 by Lingon »

Offline bokabeed

• I don't even use Firefox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2009, 18:44:54 »
meh, steal it
I have been banned because I threatened LPChip the wrong way.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2009, 18:46:24 »
I'm going to paste my response at that other thread here too:

Really, you can't put all the blame on Nicalis though. I have agreed that it's up to them to make decisions like these, and I'm ok with it. Nicalis have never kept me behind the light about the Wii exclusive discussions, and although I've said that my PC userbase have waited for this game and will be really disappointed if there's no PC release, I've also respected Nicalis' choises and not protested. This is still a great chance for me that I had to take, and even if I had known what I know now I'd do the same thing (although I would have told you earlier to not disappoint you).

Sure, it was not my choice, but that doesn't mean they totally outmaneuvered me. This is still an agreement with me and them!

I love working with Nicalis, and the people involved are a great bunch of people! They're not evil or anything. Also, do not blame them for that my name doesn't appear at gonintendo.com, Nicalis doesn't write the articles on that site. Believe me, they do recognize me as the author of the game.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 18:49:55 by Nifflas »

Offline bwansy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2009, 19:09:29 »
Oh no... Nifflas going commercial?

Whether it has a PC version or not, I don't think I'm going to buy it.

Offline roto13

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2009, 19:35:53 »
Spoiler: Swearing in Quote (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure that one's sarcastic. (And poking fun at some of the reactions in this very thread.)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2009, 20:12:07 »
I think some people have overreacted with the whole "Nicalis is EVIL" thing.  They're trying to make money, just like any company.  It is unfortunate that their attempt to do so is, in all probability, misguided, and has obviously resulted in considerable outrage.

edit: my imaginary grammar is getting worse!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 22:46:36 by minmay »

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2009, 21:37:22 »
Trailer seems really fantastic. Whats that music from ? Its made by you Niff ?
Also this is first time Ive read there is no PC release. Well... we must live with it, right :d  Perhaps in future...... ? :)

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2009, 21:44:33 »
All the music in the game is made by Chris Schlarb.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2009, 21:51:44 »
Trailer seems really fantastic. Whats that music from ? Its made by you Niff ?

the music is by chris schlarb, i really, really love it too.

i am quite disappointed with this wii-exclusivity news, but i completely understand and support the decision, and hope it turns out well for nifflas. i dont own a wii (i am a ps3 owner), but i will hopefully be able to borrow my nephew's, and figure out how to get online with it in order to buy the game whenever it is released.

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2009, 22:18:49 »
Really, you can't put all the blame on Nicalis though. I have agreed that it's up to them to make decisions like these, and I'm ok with it. Nicalis have never kept me behind the light about the Wii exclusive discussions, and although I've said that my PC userbase have waited for this game and will be really disappointed if there's no PC release, I've also respected Nicalis' choises and not protested. This is still a great chance for me that I had to take, and even if I had known what I know now I'd do the same thing (although I would have told you earlier to not disappoint you).

Sure, it was not my choice, but that doesn't mean they totally outmaneuvered me. This is still an agreement with me and them!

All due respect, Nifflas, but maybe this is exactly the problem--that you were so agreeable with them.  A lot of people have given all kinds of reasons that it's illogical for them to make a Wii-exclusive deal when you have such an established fanbase on PC and so on, and I wonder if you could have made these same arguments more strongly to Nicalis instead of just leaving these decisions to them.  I hope I'm not out of line--I say these things as someone your age who has immense respect for you and is completely sympathetic to the difficulties involves in decisions like this.  I just wish, for your own sake as much as that of your fans, that you might have been more assertive about this.  I think many people feel that Nicalis didn't think through all the angles of whether being Wii-exclusive was really a good idea, and so they're disappointed that this decision was left in the hands of people who made a bad decision.  I realize it's over and done with in this case, but I encourage you in the future to insist on a more assertive role in decisions like this about the fate of your own work.

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2009, 22:46:02 »
He was really agreeable and he has learned from it.  He has stated already that no matter what, his next game(s?) will HAVE to be released for PC, if not, then he will not sign a contract for said game.  Life lessons come at you fast.

Also, I still don't think petitions matter, look at EarthBound for VC, d'you know how much went into all of that?  All the PK Sieges, all the packages, all the names, letters, e-mails sent?  And now it means nothing.  I've signed many a petition and have never heard of anything coming from it.  Nicalis is going to look at it and be like, "Whatever."  The people who sign that petition will end up buying it ofr the Wii if they have one anyways, and Nicalis knows that.

On another note.  How about we stop all this for real?  People are blaming Nifflas for something that isn't his fault, people are also hating Nicalis for doing their job.  As Niff said, he left it up to them, and this is their choice, nothing more.  Niff feels bad enough with out having to read/hear about all this bull crap.  Take it for what it is m'friends, business, be it bad business on their part, it is still business.
Teeeheee