Night Game announcement!

• 119 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Night Game announcement!
« on: February 27, 2009, 22:25:50 »
Hi! This is an announcement regarding Night Game!

Although I'm the director, game and level designer, it's up to Nicalis to make decisions about what consoles that the games will be released on. Now it's announced that Night Game will be Wii exclusive, so there will not be a PC release of it. I'm really sorry for this, I know this will let most of you down a lot! I hope you can understand it was not my decision, I really wanted it to be released on PC as well.

I've known about the discussions to eventually make the game Wii exclusive, but I haven't been allowed to tell anything about it. This is however one of the explanations that I started to keep so silent about Night Game, and disabled the donations option from my website. While I hoped for a PC release as it was part of the initial plans, I don't regret that I took the chance to get a game out on the Wii, it's an important step for me towards getting to live off what I like to do.

I can understand if this upsets you though, you have all the reason in the world to be angry.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 22:51:59 by lilmanjs16 »

Re: Night Game announcement!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 22:36:50 »
Cool  :shocked:. I've never seen Wii in real life.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 22:38:35 »
Well, i was kinda looking forward to a pc release, since it is my favorite platform, but maybe its time to dust of my Wii. :)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 23:11:44 »
Yeah, can't say I ain't sad about it, since I don't have a wii and I was really looking forward to it... :S
You still have our support, though, and maybe we can someday dream of a port. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 23:52:58 by PONTO »

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 23:16:13 »
as nifflas said dissapointing his fans is what hurts him the most. at least around here wiis are hard to come by and they are usually sold out. so if I ever do get to play this that would be cool. but I like how some people at nintendo called this a world of goo clone that looks worse.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 23:17:17 »
They weren't people at nintendo, they were just random people who commented on the NG trailer :)

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 23:29:20 »
ima little confused, wasnt this being made im mmf2? (btw, this is my first post on the new forums)

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 23:29:49 »
Oh, I didn't know there was a TRAILER!

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 23:33:27 »
Since I have a Wii, I'm not really disappointed, but it would have been cool if it also came to the PC. And I see no reason to be angry, at least not at you.
(Btw, also my first post in the new forum...)

EDIT:
Oh, I didn't know there was a TRAILER!
ZOMG! :O
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 23:38:16 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 23:39:05 »
I really like the trailer, but untill there's reason to get more than just 3 games for the Wii(tiger woods golf being the 3rd) I don't see myself getting a wii any time soon.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 23:42:19 »
ima little confused, wasnt this being made im mmf2? (btw, this is my first post on the new forums)

Nifflas told me on #niffchat yesterday that Night Game's levels are stored externally. This means all that needs to be done to make Night Game work on WiiWare is the level reader (something Nifflas said was lagging behind).
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 23:54:50 »
Is it possible to get Night Game if I don't have internet on my Wii?
I have internet, and a Wii, but I sadly do not have money for a Wireless Router or the ethernet adapter...
O the irony.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 23:57:50 »
Damn, the chain physics are really awesome as are the music and the small creatures.

But I'm still sad for the Wii-only release.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 23:59:51 »
I have internet, and a Wii, but I sadly do not have money for a Wireless Router or the ethernet adapter...
O the irony.
Can't you do that at a friend's house or something?

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 00:00:58 »
O the irony.

No, but you can get the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, which is pretty cheap and will allow you to access the internet on your Wii.  I'll find a link and edit my post :)

Edit: Well, it seems they have discontinued it for a while.  I'd send you mine seeing as how I don't use it now that I have Wi-Fi.  If you are interested, PM me and we'll talk about it!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 00:03:12 by EarthBound015 »
Teeeheee