Night Game announcement!

• 119 Replies
Re: Night Game announcement!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 15:41:31 »
Nifflas told me on #niffchat yesterday that Night Game's levels are stored externally. This means all that needs to be done to make Night Game work on WiiWare is the level reader (something Nifflas said was lagging behind).
ok levels can be externally stored (like presentation layer). But logic layer? and executable. Interesting how this game is designed.

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 16:25:29 »
no No NO NOOOOOOOOO!!!! *starts bawling*

Don't you mean Brawling? (xD)

Lol, i hear all you talking about SD cards, but i don't even know what they are.
Hopefully it's better and cheaper than Wi-Fi...

Also, THE TRAILER MUSIC ROXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!

I'm sorry, just had to say it..

Also, having watched the trailer 3 times, i've come to the conclusion that the red-coloured ball sticks to a floor, so it doesn't roll off of it.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 16:32:51 »
I hate gaming consoles slightly more than I like Nifflas.  Otherwise I wouldn't be taking this hard.

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 16:56:19 »
Lol, i hear all you talking about SD cards, but i don't even know what they are.
Hopefully it's better and cheaper than Wi-Fi...
SD cards are small data cards that can hold data. You can use them in a Wii to store Wiiware games on, and transfer them to other Wii systems. This way, you could get a friend with a Wii  to put it on a card for you so you don't need WiiConnect to buy it.

Offline just another guy

• i need to get a picture soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 18:42:00 »
 :/ oh well

Night Game
Machinarium
Blueberry Garden
Braid for PC
Tormishire
Fez
Feist

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 19:02:18 »
Why's Fez crossed out?

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 19:10:33 »
Darnit! I was really looking forward to this game.  :sad:

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 19:14:31 »
If there were both a Wii and a PC version, then the loyal fan base would stay loyal and the potential bigger fan base may become an actual fan base instead of the potential for one. 9_9 (I doubt most WiiWare consumers actually care about exclusivity.)

I agree.  I'm sure Night would be at least twice a better sell if it was also released on the PC.   The terms of whatever contract Nifflas signed are very unfortunate.  But that's Nifflas' loss...

EDIT: I'm sad, but at least my friend has a Wii.  Maybe I'll buy Night for him.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 19:16:14 by TheoX »
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline just another guy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 19:16:14 »
Why's Fez crossed out?

i long ago decided it was vaporware. although there have (after so long) been updates recently, so you're probably right.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 19:59:22 »
Even I am sad about this news. Already explained my case to Nifflas, and got the same answer as he posted here.

The biggest concequence for this, is that we'll be removing NightGame from the forum in a while because its hard to give support for this title if you can't play it. Since Nifflas originally makes games for the PC, I think its best to keep support to pc related games only. Would NightGame be a PC game too, I would have no problems with having it also for the Wii though. the minor differences are something you can overcome, but I honestly can't tell you how to beat a level if I haven't even been able to play the game, and buyng a Wii isn't an option.

I suspect that Nicalis made a deal with Nintendo to probably get it on wiiware or something, but in return they were forced to make it wiiware only. If this is so, then its too bad cus Nicalis wouldn't have to do this if he played it smarter.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 20:15:31 »
I agree. Nicalis had much more to win with the PC audience and that also applies to Cave Story. Their fans are the PC players. They won't probably get a third of the sales they would if they released the game on PC and even though this forum and this community are important to me, I can't help it to get a little angry (well, not just a little, to be honest), after all the time I've spent following every tidbit of information released and gathering them... Not angry at Nifflas or anyone in particular. Just the whole situation... It fells like it was all just a big waste of time, considering NG was the reason that kept me around here for the last year.

Even so, I think NG should be kept on the forum. It's made by Nifflas and even though some people, like me, won't get to try it, others will play it and be able to provide support.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 20:47:35 by PONTO »

Offline just another guy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 20:32:16 »
Holy sock!
did you see what just appeared on the forum?!  :whoa:

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 20:39:09 »
I don't see why Night Game should be removed. It's made (at least in part) by Nifflas, and some fans of his will still be able to play it. Removing it would just be confusing, and people will wonder if there is a night game at all. Restricting discussions about nifflas's games to those only on PC wouldn't be doing any favors, I don't think. That's that's just me, tho.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 20:40:55 »
if the night game section is removed I think nifflas would be unhappy. its sad to see the game be for the wii only but some of us will still get to play the game and provide support on the game.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 20:43:36 »
Shame all the support they're giving will make the rest of us feel even worse. :P2
Lurk more.