Night Game announcement!

• 119 Replies

Offline just another guy

• i need to get a picture soon
    • View Profile
Re: Night Game announcement!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 20:45:38 »
No really, does no one else notice that little topic above night game?!

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 20:48:16 »
Just another guy, that isn't new news. Nifflas had mentioned an new secret game, which he intends to ensure is for PC. But yes, I'm sure people have noticed. :P2

Offline just another guy

• i need to get a picture soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 20:57:32 »
 O_o he did?

dangit, i always miss important news.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009, 20:58:32 »
well he mentioned about the secret game in the IRC chat. but now lets get back on topic.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline roto13

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 21:20:53 »
I've been lurking around here on and off for a while, but I had to register to respond to this:

Even I am sad about this news. Already explained my case to Nifflas, and got the same answer as he posted here.

The biggest concequence for this, is that we'll be removing NightGame from the forum in a while because its hard to give support for this title if you can't play it. Since Nifflas originally makes games for the PC, I think its best to keep support to pc related games only.

Why?

the minor differences are something you can overcome, but I honestly can't tell you how to beat a level if I haven't even been able to play the game, and buyng a Wii isn't an option.

Well, it's an option for over 50 million people. It's not like it's going to be an N-Gage game or something. This isn't the "Come Ask LPChip For Support Forum."

I suspect that Nicalis made a deal with Nintendo to probably get it on wiiware or something, but in return they were forced to make it wiiware only. If this is so, then its too bad cus Nicalis wouldn't have to do this if he played it smarter.

It might be a paid exclusive, but Nintendo (and the other console manufacturers) WANT good games on their consoles and it's not like they said "No, you can't put it on WiiWare unless it's a WiiWare exclusive."

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 22:32:34 »
I wonder if J was testing the wiiware version...

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2009, 22:40:04 »
I wonder if J was testing the wiiware version...

No, he was testing it before anyone had a clue it had anything to do with the Wii.

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2009, 22:44:49 »
I wonder if he is still testing...

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009, 23:03:16 »
Well, it's an option for over 50 million people. It's not like it's going to be an N-Gage game or something. This isn't the "Come Ask LPChip For Support Forum."

If many people of the staff would have a Wii, sure we could support it, but I think it simply isn't justified to support a game that the majority cannot even play. I already told Nifflas about how I feel on this, and he could understand my reasoning. Nicalis also has a forum where NightGame can be discussed. Its not that I'm removing something so it won't exist anymore, its just that I feel it to be misplaced on this forum. But if Nicalis agrees to allow a pc version too, then I don't have a problem re-adding the forum. ;) (hint hint Nicalis :nuts: )
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 23:05:29 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 23:08:37 »
But if Nicalis agrees to allow a pc version too, then I don't have a problem re-adding the forum. ;) (hint hint Nicalis :nuts: )
If that actually works, I'm going to find you wherever you live and kiss you! :P

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 23:42:10 »
Well, it is one of Nifflas games, so i think it should have a place here, even if most people wont be able to play it. Granted, it wont be the most active part of the forum, but I'm sure some people will post there too. :)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline roto13

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009, 23:43:30 »

If many people of the staff would have a Wii, sure we could support it, but I think it simply isn't justified to support a game that the majority cannot even play. I already told Nifflas about how I feel on this, and he could understand my reasoning. Nicalis also has a forum where NightGame can be discussed. Its not that I'm removing something so it won't exist anymore, its just that I feel it to be misplaced on this forum. But if Nicalis agrees to allow a pc version too, then I don't have a problem re-adding the forum. ;) (hint hint Nicalis :nuts: )

I didn't realize this forum was for the administrators first and fans of Nifflas' games second. I didn't think this was the "Come Ask The Staff For Support Forum" either. You know, probably because it's called the "Nifflas' Support Forum." You should probably change that name before anyone else joins thinking this is a place they can come and discuss Nifflas' games in general.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2009, 23:48:36 »
Now now, no need to get so snappy. ;)
The matter has not really been discussed yet by the staff, but I do think it will.
Also I think it's not really worth getting upset already about a possible removal of that forum, since for now it hasn't served any use, so I can't really see why some seem to get angry about the possibility of it being removed.
Let's just all be patient and see where it end up, alright? :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 23:51:13 by Miss Paula »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2009, 01:26:11 »
A lot of Knytt and Knytt stories fans have asked if Night game was created by that same person..
I was shocked because it should've been clear that Nifflas made this. But now that "Nicalis" has it's name written all over Night Game then I suppose Nifflas might not get the reputation with this one.
And no new people will register in this forum. I remember I registered straight after I played Knytt ( or Knytt Stories, I forgot) because I wanted to meet this guy!

But now that Nicalis has a forum opened for Night Game...

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2009, 01:30:17 »
Also I think it's not really worth getting upset already about a possible removal of that forum, since for now it hasn't served any use
That is probably just because the game hasn't been released yet. It served quite a bit of use on the old forum, the topics are just not here.

roto13 has a point though. You should be able to talk about all of Nifflas games on Nifflas forum, not just the ones that the most people have been able to play.

A lot of Knytt and Knytt stories fans have asked if Night game was created by that same person..
I was shocked because it should've been clear that Nifflas made this. But now that "Nicalis" has it's name written all over Night Game then I suppose Nifflas might not get the reputation with this one.

The fact that they are even asking about it shows that they suspect that Nifflas made it. They are just not 100% sure.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D