Shh! Don't tell anyone!

• 24 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Shh! Don't tell anyone!
« on: January 25, 2013, 16:17:37 »
...but here is a pre-release Windows build of the game :D

Please let me know if you find something that doesn't work or if I spent something wrong :)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Shh! Don't tell anyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 17:55:26 »
Unfortunate bug encountered!

When running windowed mode, the visuals look a bit broken: http://i.imgur.com/G3gyHMM.jpg

When using fullscreen mode, the game also shoves everything in the top left corner, including the menu: http://i.imgur.com/PXaBqjZ.jpg

OS: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) Video Card: GeForce GTX 280 Desktop Resolution: 1280x1024
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 18:15:30 by sergiocornaga »

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 18:03:11 »
Huh, everything's working just fine here in fullscreen! :O

Windows 8 64bit
1920x1080
ATI Radeon HD 6770
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 18:16:55 by BloxMaster »

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 18:15:16 »
I'm the guy with the fullscreen issue (Vista SP2, GeForce GTX 280 with fairly recent drivers, 1280x1024 resolution). I asked Sergio to post it for me since I didn't have an account at the time, but I wanted to ask.. is the game supposed to look like this or is it a bug?

http://i.imgur.com/3UxUaUa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G3gyHMM.jpg

With the white circles on top of everything and the black floaty bits obscuring everything else. The text is running together and difficult to read in some spots, too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 18:17:01 by AaronKI »

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 18:16:40 »
Pretty much, no. It shouldn't look like that at all. I think it's your graphics card, although I can't be totally sure of that.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 18:18:11 »
This version uses the MMF2 runtime, while the final build on Monday will use Mathias' C++ exporter (the same thing that Knytt Underground uses). In case Knytt Underground runs on your computer, The Great Work will once it's released.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 18:22:30 »
This version uses the MMF2 runtime, while the final build on Monday will use Mathias' C++ exporter (the same thing that Knytt Underground uses). In case Knytt Underground runs on your computer, The Great Work will once it's released.

Ok, cool. Knytt Underground runs without any problems. Glad it doesn't sound like an issue for the final release!

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 18:25:30 »
I'm still not sure why it'd occur with your hardware and not mine. When the final version releases, it might be helpful to know if you have any similar issues. I can't find any screenshots, but with permission I could upload one just to show you what it looks like.

P.S. Welcome to the forums! ;)

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 18:56:49 »
The letter Ú doesn't show up in the alphabet set for me, it just appears as a red question mark.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 19:06:03 »
I've been playing for the past 2 hours, and it's really cool so far. The game looks and runs fine for me, and I only found 2 small bugs.

The first bug is that you can equip and unequip every item in your inventory, whether it does something or not. This could be intentional, but I don't see a reason why.
The other one is a minor error in the name "Una". Instead of a U it displays a Questionmark. I'm running a German Windows, maybe that got something to do with it.

(The small part of the desktop on the right only appears on the screenshot, I'm running the game in fullscreen mode)

Aside from that everything is fine so far. The only complaint I'd have is that I find the controls very sloppy with the running shoes on.  I don't know if that's just a problem for me but I keep having to equip and unequip them when I need to use them, because if I leave them on I just run into everything.
It would be nice to have a hotkey to use or not to use it. Like you have with the booster. Or just make it appear higher up in the inventory, next to the booster, so it's easier to equip and unequip it.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 19:14:33 »
Works fine to me (win 7, resolution 1366 x 768). Did not try fullscreen yet.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 21:31:51 »
I have some issues.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 21:38:12 by egomassive »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 00:03:13 »
egomassive:

1: Disabling the water effect in the menu will fix the water problem. It's probably GPU related as it doesn't happen for most testers.

2: I thought about getting stuck there, and if you try it, you'll notice you won't get stuck :)

3: It has to do with the deceleration of the moving water, which is implemented in a slightly weird way that kind of works nicely except in that situation. It's a bit too annoying to change and it doesn't really break the game or anything right now.

Bestboy:

1: It's an easy thing to fix. Thanks for reporting.

2: Maybe I'll implement something to prevent you from equipping every item if I have time.

3: I suppose I could make a run button just like there is a boost button. Maybe if you hold A when you run, even though it conflicts a bit with the "grab" button.

Offline Qqwy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 15:03:44 »
I have been playing for the past two and a half hours, and I believe I have almost finished the game.
There are still a few things I have to find out before I'll be able to create gold:

Spoiler: my gameplay progress (click to show/hide)

I ABSOLUTELY REALLY REALLY love kind of everything about this game.

Just saying 'thank you for making this' is a big understatement of the awesomeness it posesses.

~Qqwy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 16:36:55 by Qqwy »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 15:24:46 »
Spoiler: my gameplay progress (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I haven't had any major issues at all, and no minor issues that haven't already been covered. It's an absolutely fantastic game; really entertaining.
I did find the running shoes difficult to handle, like Beastboy, but it didn't bother me to only equip them when they were needed (or when I felt like a bit of larking about) :^^:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 15:31:57 by Widget »