The Machine [Large][Very Hard][Challenge]

• 27 Replies

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
Re: The Machine [Large][Very Hard][Challenge]
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2024, 18:21:32 »
Hello kilicool64
AntiMicroX actually looks a lot like JoytoKey, the program I used before Yknytt. I'm going to try it for the curiosity, to see if it slows down KS+ or not. Have you tried Yknytt ? if so, what do you think of it ? I would be interested by your feedback ;-)
I haven't tried YKnytt, no. All I know is that it's a rather flawed clone of the game that was based on KSDS, a horrendously bad DS homebrew port that I did try and would NEVER recommend under any circumstances. Not only is it a sloppy port made with almost no examination of the source code (which TBF, was only accidentally leaked by Nifflas late into its development), which resulted in the developers getting lots of things wrong, but it's extremely unstable. It crashes all the time, sometimes with nasty audio glitches.

Offline fabiche

• I love 2D games :-D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2024, 09:57:34 »
ok thanks kilicool ;-)

Regarding the level, I found three different endings but not the secret ending yet I guess. How many endings are there in total?
I also found secrets like a treasure chest, a kind of statue protected by lasers (egomassiv?) and a girl near a lamp post. Did I miss any others?
Probably because there are double jumps from small ledges that I didn't manage to do to go higher (I call it the Don Doli special double jump lol)

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2024, 13:36:48 »
ok thanks kilicool ;-)

Regarding the level, I found three different endings but not the secret ending yet I guess. How many endings are there in total?
I also found secrets like a treasure chest, a kind of statue protected by lasers (egomassiv?) and a girl near a lamp post. Did I miss any others?
Probably because there are double jumps from small ledges that I didn't manage to do to go higher (I call it the Don Doli special double jump lol)
When it comes to endings, I can think of 6 different ones. Here they are:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Be warned that the sixth of these is an extremely evil secret aimed only at the most hardcore of players. Even my playthrough doesn't cover it, as I gave up upon realizing it was going to break me (though the description for one of the parts explains how to get there). I'm not sure anyone will ever get it legitimately, considering it tasks you with performing an immensely tough series of maneuvers for each attempt.

I wouldn't bother trying to get all the other secrets either, as plenty of them are just really minor stuff that requires exploits to reach. I didn't cover all of it either.

Offline fabiche

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2024, 14:56:08 »
ok that confirm my intuition... when the success of a double jump is played out at 1 pixel and I have to try 30 times, for me it is no longer pleasure but frustration because of the phenomenal difficulty. I love the challenge (if it remains affordable) but I know where my limits are
Excellent level anyway ;-)
Great job !

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 23:06:59 »
ok that confirm my intuition... when the success of a double jump is played out at 1 pixel and I have to try 30 times, for me it is no longer pleasure but frustration because of the phenomenal difficulty. I love the challenge (if it remains affordable) but I know where my limits are
Excellent level anyway ;-)
Great job !
Just so you know, the other five endings are all totally reachable without crazy stunts and worth getting if you're still missing some.

Offline fabiche

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2024, 15:18:57 »
Ok ;-)
I like to arrive at the end of a level having explored it the first time, then let a little time pass and this time explore it from top to bottom. Which allows me to validate or not my first impression
Thank you, if I am stuck I know that I can count on your videos ;-)

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2024, 14:44:07 »
Played this at the weekend, what an absolutely stellar level! Music was great and I loved how a lot of the areas were fleshed out and expanded. The lore at the end was just wonderful! Found a fair few secrets but no keys so far, will have to keep exploring.

Great job everyone!  <3 <3 <3

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2024, 16:31:33 »
Played this at the weekend, what an absolutely stellar level! Music was great and I loved how a lot of the areas were fleshed out and expanded. The lore at the end was just wonderful! Found a fair few secrets but no keys so far, will have to keep exploring.

Great job everyone!  <3 <3 <3
The key locations are all similar to those in the original Machine. I don't think they're really meant to be among the level's bigger secrets.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2024, 22:22:15 »
The key locations are all similar to those in the original Machine. I don't think they're really meant to be among the level's bigger secrets.
Oh, that's good to know! I don't remember the key locations from the original level either tbh x)

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2024, 12:16:37 »
Oh, that's good to know! I don't remember the key locations from the original level either tbh x)
If you need help, here are the rough locations:

Red key:
Yellow key:
Blue key:
Purple key:

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2024, 14:03:47 »
If you need help, here are the rough locations

Thanks a bunch! I managed to find them all except the purple key which had me scratching my head... Thankfully someone made a walkthrough for the original level which was able to point me in the right direction X)

After digging further - holy crap this level has more going on under the hood than I expected!!

Endings I found:

I really wonder what other endings I might have missed now!

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2024, 18:55:23 »
If you need help, here are the rough locations

Thanks a bunch! I managed to find them all except the purple key which had me scratching my head... Thankfully someone made a walkthrough for the original level which was able to point me in the right direction X)

After digging further - holy crap this level has more going on under the hood than I expected!!

Endings I found:

I really wonder what other endings I might have missed now!
Already listed all the endings in this post: https://nifflas.lp1.nl/index.php?topic=7457.msg77089#msg77089

There are six (though I don't count that joke cutscene you listed). Like I wrote back then, I would strongly discourage even trying to get the last one (though I can explain how to get it if you're really up for it), but you're still missing another one. You should've already gotten a hint on how to find it, but if it flew past you,

And yes, you did overlook one of the symbols. It's their order that's a secret and has to be brute-forced. I'm surprised you managed to pull it off while also not knowing one of the symbols.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2024, 01:26:30 »
Already listed all the endings in this post: https://nifflas.lp1.nl/index.php?topic=7457.msg77089#msg77089

Oh whoops! I completely missed that haha. I'd never have thought to try #3 so thanks for that.

I would strongly discourage even trying to get the last one (though I can explain how to get it if you're really up for it)

It's fine... I'm usually up for a challenge, but extreme precision (e.g. Gaseous Soap) is not for me, so if it's anything close to that I'd best stay away C)p

And yes, you did overlook one of the symbols. It's their order that's a secret and has to be brute-forced. I'm surprised you managed to pull it off while also not knowing one of the symbols.
Hah, well I figured out there's only 6 possible orders, and when you're missing 1 symbol it doesn't take too long to cycle through all of them before moving onto the next order. At some point I even wondered if that might be an intentional part of the puzzle, oops X-P