« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 18:22:46 »
Yeah for insensitives!
Check-spell mistake? :P

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Hiddenstar awards and new forums
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:42 »
I now have enough stars to cover every pixel of my body, 42. I thought I'd commemorate this moment by wearing them. I don't know how other people feel about stars now that they've been around for a time, but I still like them. :^^:

Edit: 42 stars didn't last long. Back to normal avatar I guess.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:03:06 by egomassive »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 12:57:58 »
Very nice!  :D 

I feel great about stars, just not great about how little time I (and I assume others) have to do projects worthy of receiving them.  House mortgage, overtime at work, home improvement, helping and loving on my wife, my son and my daughter to come while still trying to follow my heart's passionate dreams of writing leaves little time for my other passion of knytting.  :(

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 17:00:12 »
A stars suggestion! It would be great if it were possible to see stars given in addition to stars received.

Online LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 17:03:28 »
A stars suggestion! It would be great if it were possible to see stars given in addition to stars received.

Why would you want to see which stars you gave? I mean, you gave them didn't you? Do you want to check upon yourself, or do you feel your account has been compromised and you are worried that someone is giving out stars in your name?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 20:10:32 »
Why would you want to see which stars you gave? I mean, you gave them didn't you? Do you want to check upon yourself, or do you feel your account has been compromised and you are worried that someone is giving out stars in your name?

Can you remember every star you've given? I know I can't. I'd also like to see how my giving rate compares to my getting rate, or if there are users I unconsciously favour, stuff like that!

Online LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 22:09:21 »

Can you remember every star you've given? I know I can't. I'd also like to see how my giving rate compares to my getting rate, or if there are users I unconsciously favour, stuff like that!

Again, why would I want to remember who I gave a star? (I actually do remember, but thats besides the point)

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 09:13:25 »
Well, for one, you might be like, "did I give a star for that?" or you just might want to bask in the glory of your own generosity. 

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 10:17:59 »
What about an 'undo this action' button?
I've given quite a few away on accident..
I however am not familiar with SMF and it's capabilities, so forgive me if I'm asking for something too difficult :P

Online LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 12:17:33 »
Unfortunately SMF is not that powerfull. It normally just gives you the ability to thumbs up or down a post and it doesn't even keep track of where it was. I had to hack in the functionality so we can see where a karma was given. So anything like an undo is not possible. The ability to track down where it was given to prevent giving another one is not possible either.

Adding that you can see which ones you gave is, but since I have to add this to the script and my time is limited, I need a good reason.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 23:49:32 »
Unfortunately SMF is not that powerfull. It normally just gives you the ability to thumbs up or down a post and it doesn't even keep track of where it was. I had to hack in the functionality so we can see where a karma was given. So anything like an undo is not possible. The ability to track down where it was given to prevent giving another one is not possible either.

Adding that you can see which ones you gave is, but since I have to add this to the script and my time is limited, I need a good reason.
Oh I see.
And knowing which ones you gave doesn't seem all that useful to me.. Something that would be nice if you could just click it on, but not worth it if it takes work to achieve :P

Online LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 11:00:32 »
I was having a moment of boredom at work, and decided to add it afterall. :)

Clicking the stars button at the top will now also show you to whom you gave a star. :) yay.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 11:09:05 »
This is actually a pretty cool addition, looks like I've been giving just a bit more stars than receiving, neat :)

Online LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:36 »
I've been giving fairly more stars than been given. (English language can be fun sometimes).

About 140% more I'd say.

MODPlug Central Forum