[Scenic/Challenge/Tiny] Oxi

• 6 Replies

Offline Harumbai

• View Profile
[Scenic/Challenge/Tiny] Oxi
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:47:54 »
So this is my first level in a while and it is quite short being only 10 playable screens. Since it has been a while there may be some glitches as I am not as used to checking, but I checked the screens as best I could. Hopefully people don't find the massively overdone tilesets and intricate screens to distracting, but they are mainly what the level is about so feel free to stop and look around.

I wrote custom music for the level which I will post later so people can use it in their levels if they so desire.

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Harumbai%20-%20Oxi.knytt.bin

Enjoy.

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
Re: [Scenic/Challenge/Tiny] Oxi
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 17:30:20 »

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 22:37:33 »
I liked it a lot; my only complaint would be the lack of ambience; silent water is odd. But the design was very pretty and the music very fitting; shame you didn't make it loop, though.

The ending was
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Still, pretty good. I liked how easily the player was led round and round the area as they developed. Sometimes that can make a game repetetive but you did it really well.
Good level.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 22:39:06 by Talps »

Offline Jonolio

• Who ate all the cheese?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:56:42 »
 O_o This level, like I said in my English formal writing about the Shawshank Redemption, is like a diamond among the coal-heap. Everything about this level is new and refreshing, as well as being obviously very thought out. This level challenges the existing boundaries of level editing, that you didn't know existed, and takes you to a place that is simple, yet stunning.

Either way, over-the-top critique to one side, I really really loved this level.. even though the story is a little bit sad. Well done Harumbai!  C)p
For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, so that whoever should believe in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 10:18:39 »
a scenic harumbai level? niiice  :)

O_o This level, like I said in my English formal writing about the Shawshank Redemption, is like a diamond among the coal-heap. Everything about this level is new and refreshing, as well as being obviously very thought out. This level challenges the existing boundaries of level editing, that you didn't know existed, and takes you to a place that is simple, yet stunning.

GET A ROOM!

Offline Jonolio

• Who ate all the cheese?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:57 »
Hah! Fair comment, Salmoneous! :) Perhaps the author may wish to leave a comment? *nudges Harumbai pointedly*
For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, so that whoever should believe in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.

Offline Harumbai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:47:55 »
Nope.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm pleased people enjoyed it. I might make those changes with music and some ambiance and do an update, but I'll see if there is anything else I can touch up first.