• 1 Replies

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Read me before you post!
« on: April 04, 2009, 14:24:30 »
Introduction:
Welcome to the Other Free Games forum.

Since we've had this forum in the past and there's been a lot of demand for it, we decided to add it back.

The reason we kept it off was due to the spamming that occurred.

Important information:
The sole reason of this forum is to post a game because you played it and think others should play it too. If you see a game but haven't played it, don't post here! Play it first. See what it is like, then post following the rules stated below.

Posting rules:
When you make a post for a game, it must meet the following rules:
  • Give your thread an informative subject. Suggested subject format is "[Genre] Game title". Don't use subjects such as "a cool game" or "check this out".
  • One game per topic. You cannot post more than one game in a topic, unless they're part of each other. Although in this case 2 or more topics would be preferred, I can see why you'd want to put a sequel in the same topic. Posting several individual games in one topic is not allowed!
  • Don't post links to game collection sites. People have posted links to websites offering a bunch of games. Most players already know these sites, and thus it beats the entire purpose of posting it here. We are not looking for the biggest games collection you can find. We want posts about high quality games that you personally played and found it to be the best.
  • The game must be free. Since the title states "FREE Games", it's obvious that the game must be free. This means you cannot post a shareware version of a game. The game must be completely playable without paying for it. You download it, possibly install it, and then you have the full game. If a game went payware, link to the last free version.
  • No illegal download links. Based on the rule above, it's not allowed to post a link to an illegal full version of a game that you normally have to pay for.
  • Post the type of the game. Post what kind of game it is. Like Puzzle, FPS, Action, Boardgame, Arcade, Platformer, etc. Add as many tags as you see fit.
  • Post a description of the game. Tell in your own words (minimum = 20 words) what the game is about. You may copy a worthy description from an external site if you feel that lazy ;).
  • Post one or more images. Your post must contain at least one screenshot. How you get them is not important. If you cannot find one online, make one yourself, preferrably of you playing the first level. More screenshots are allowed. Max = 10 screenshots. You may attach the screenshots instead of posting them in the post.
  • Add a download link. Add a link to the file itself. When pressing the link, it should initiate a download and not go to another screen where you have to search for the game first so you can download it later on.
Breaking the rules:
If you fail make a post following these conditions, your topic will be deleted, even if there are replies in it. So basically that would be a waste of time. We will not warn or send a PM. It'll be *poof* gone. Not even locked.

Posting template:
To make things easier, here's a posting template you can use. Copy/paste the following text and fill in the missing parts.

[b]Type:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[spoiler=Screenshots:]

[/spoiler]
[b]Download:[/b]

The above rules are the mimimum that you need to post about. If you wish to add anything to it, feel free. :) You're not required to use the template btw, but it makes things easier.

Happy posting. :)

EDIT: Changed the Screenshots location to be in a spoiler. That works better. :)
EDIT2: Added second last paragraph.
EDIT3: changed that you may attach screenshots. It wasn't mentioned at all, but it wasn't mentioned that you cannot either. X)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 15:02:47 by LPChip »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Read me before you post!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 20:08:53 »
Since I see a lot of new free games popping up that aren't following the posting rules, I'd like to point em out one more time. If you fail to follow them, your topic gets deleted.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex