Knytt Stories TASer's Handbook

• 1 Replies
Knytt Stories TASer's Handbook
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:51:21 »
As some of you may know, I spent several months working on and off on a TAS early this year. During the course of this process I learned quite a lot about the Knytt Stories movement engine. A lot of it isn't obvious from (or isn't even in) the Nifflas's source code, so it took quite a lot of experimentation. I figured that all my discoveries were worth publishing for anyone else who might want to know the inner peculiarities of the game, like why Juni's jumps have small inconsistencies to them. I have been working on compiling all of that knowledge into a document, so that anyone who wishes may know exactly why KS behaves the way it does. I now present...

Although it is specifically written for TASers, this guide contains a lot of information about glitches and quirks of the game engine that could be of interest to everyone. I realize that it is a fairly dense read, but the goal of this paper is to inform. If there's a section that you read but didn't fully understand, or something you found interesting and want to know more about, then let me know. If anyone's actually interested enough for it, then I plan on making a video to more easily explain some of the deep intricacies of KS. Obviously I can't do a video on the whole thing -- it would be several hours long. But if people tell me what they'd like to see, I'll be more than happy to oblige.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt Stories TASer's Handbook
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 15:52:37 »
Woa, 92 pages of PDF... will take me a while before I can reply to it... But thanks for the effort and posting this. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex