The Print Screen Map Project

• 3 Replies

Offline Tjali

• View Profile
The Print Screen Map Project
« on: September 01, 2013, 23:48:21 »
I have spent large amounts of time this summer constructing the ultimate map for this game. I'm currently halfway through chapter 3 and it's looking pretty good so far. I'm print-screening each room from the map, making them 50% their original size and putting them next to each other in a way that changes the perspective of the game all together. I'm also doing this with areas outside the map (Figure Space, path to earthquake trigger), the menu, credits and the extra chapters.

Some areas like the Infinite Darkness and other dark areas don't benefit much from this since you can't see anything anyway, but i wanted to do this because it really changes the way you look at the game. While putting together the map I'm also marking the hidden paths between rooms and such with green lines.

Because of the massive size of the entire map I've divided it into six smaller parts. One of these parts, the lower right one, I recently finished. I've put it up here for you to enjoy, sorta as an appetizer  ;)

Spoiler: Lower, Right (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 00:05:16 by Tjali »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: The Print Screen Map Project
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:44:34 »
Nice work! You should probably know that a similar project exists already, though.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 17:47:08 »
That's amazing!  :)

You're right in saying that a map like this would change the perspective with which players view the game. Being able to see more than one screen at once helps me see the larger world that Nifflas created, and how the different parts of it relate to each other.

Offline Tjali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 14:07:22 »
I've ceased construction of the main map of chapter 3 since KhanFusion already had done exactly what I was going to do, but instead I've started to develop more in-depth maps with extra details, using his work.

I'm working on adding a coordinate-system for chapter 3, using green lines to highlight secret paths and yellow lines for walls that will disappear later due to earthquakes, icons for Bell Guard items, coins and other artifacts and making separate files for the other maps instead of stacking them all in one image.

I'm also replacing some of the dark lit areas in KhanFusion's map with in-game footage, where Mi lights up the place she's standing in, making it slightly easier to get an idea of the layout of the room.