Hiddenstars corrected and script adjusted

• 8 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Hiddenstars corrected and script adjusted
« on: April 20, 2013, 01:09:08 »
After one of my routine checks, it came to my attention that people are giving the same post more than one stars.

Although I'm positive that in most cases its not intentional simply because you can't see if you have given a post a star or not previously and clicking that post within 6 posts will give you an error, it seems that there is some correction needed.

This is simply because one poster (I will not name any names here) gave the same post a whopping 28 stars over a period of months. The post in question is different enough to know that this was done on purpose which makes it that I have to take actions.

You now no longer can give the same post a star. Well you can, but it will not have any effect. So if you give the same post a star, the counter just won't go up, nor will it be added to the log.

Then we have the ability to give a star for PM's. Since I can't check on the content of the PM due to privacy and database space, I saw that some people gave other people lots of stars on PM's. I can't see if they're for the same or different PM's, but given that it is the same person to give 28 stars to the same person who made that post, I just had to do something here as well.

Now you can only once give a star to a member on their PM's regardless which PM it is. so if you give a star to another PM by that member, it will not get written in the log nor will the counter get raised.

In addition, I have removed all the stars that have been given to the same post or person through PM more than once, which is a total of 64 stars out of a total of 1125 given.

If you had enough stars to see the hidden forums and now you don't, then I'm really sorry. You'll have to re-earn those stars. It should only be one or two stars though for those who affects this.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
Re: Hiddenstars corrected and script adjusted
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:07:24 »
Hidden forums? What are you talking about LPChip?!

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:51:15 »
Hahaha it was me.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:36:18 »
Hidden forums? What are you talking about LPChip?!
There are two subforums you can only see if you have a certain amount of stars. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to say what they're about or how many stars you need.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:32:55 »
Rumors go that if you have a certain amount of stars, some hidden forums appear. Of course they are just rumors.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:40:55 »
I've heard that if you get 50 stars, you get exclusive access to HL2ep3, which is of course why I'm here.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 12:44:56 »
I've heard that if you get 50 stars, you get exclusive access to HL2ep3, which is of course why I'm here.
Those are rumors! And I'm not allowed to say how great that game really is. I mean... eh.... never mind

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 13:23:01 »
There are also other rumors, that if you hit 100 stars, your starcount will reset to 0, but a new title becomes available to you. Yet again, those are just rumors.

MODPlug Central Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 19:44:01 »
Oddly specific rumors only the site's admin talks about which have no reason for people to believe them otherwise...

Seems legit.