Make up as you go story!

• 5 Replies

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Make up as you go story!
« on: March 23, 2009, 00:57:36 »
1. Use only your own character. Don't control anyone else's.
3. Be creative. In order for your post to count, I'm asking for at least two well-written paragraphs.
4. Make sense with your post. Please please please don't put any random gibberish. Keep the story moving.
5. Don't copy from anyone else's post. ESPECIALLY the person who posted first.
6. Use OOC to indicate that you're using out of character conversation. If you do this first, put IC to show that you're back in the story.
6. Be original. That should be very clear for anyone. This has also been enforced at the end of rule #4.
7. Age appropriate.
8. Don't try to bypass these rules.

News Caster:
Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Re: Make up as you go story!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:05 »
I don't really understand what we're doing.
Spoiler: Quote (click to show/hide)
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:49:14 »
what is the goal of the game? All you did was give us a random paragraph about diamonds and a set of rules...

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:01:04 »
I don't know make up a story and make stuff up as you go along with it.  :/

Offline Soron

• :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 16:16:41 »
evil,; That story you wrote, well u tell you the truth it's complete gibberish and it doesn't make any sense.
I really don't mean to disappoint you  X)
And the rules are not vague.

This is not gonna move very far.
meaning it's just going to end up with a long story that makes no sense, this is gonna be spammy if we try to follow what you said and the story as stated earlier makes no sense and is too long
Topic =LOCKED=
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 16:19:59 by Soron »

Yaaaah!!

▲
▲ ▲

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 18:22:00 »
I'm going to lock this, but not because of the game itself.

I can see this working out as a forumgame. The problem in this topic is that everyone is confused and no one is playing the game. A forumgame should be clear from the first post. If its not, it is doomed to fail. A perfect example is being represented here.

However, Evil, think the entire concept through, look at all the feedback, and perhaps you can create a good post with ruleset to try it again.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex