I know you can change Juni's colors, but

• 15 Replies
I know you can change Juni's colors, but
« on: April 09, 2010, 02:53:19 »
can you change them throughout a level?  Like, can I start a level with the default colors, but, perhaps through a cut scene or shift, change Juni to, for example black clothing?  Or, can I only have one color, set in stone, for the level?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:59:04 by l337matt »
"Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there."

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
Re: I know you can change Juni's colors, but
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:25:40 »
Sorry, can't change things like that midlevel.
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:33:55 »
Ah, shucks.  Thanks though.  Wanted to be able to do so for a level based off of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but  :sad:.  Again, thanks anyway.
"Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there."

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 23:44:18 »
I don't know but I think this is possible in Bloxmasters KSA.
..with shifts.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 21:10:40 »
I don't know but I think this is possible in Bloxmasters KSA.
It's probably bugged, though, but maybe not.

You might want to PM BloxMaster, l337matt. He made a mod of Knytt Stories called "Knytt Stories Advanced," often abbreviated to KSA. Some things about it can be a bit glitchy, however.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 18:11:08 »
Yea, that was possible in KSA with shifts. It was pretty buggy though, if the player was moving while it changed colors (You could end up with a yellow outline instead of a yellow shirt, for example...). I could probably fix it so it doesn't mess up like that, but I'm not really motivated, and more importantly, I'd have to do it from scratch again anyway since the original source is messed up. Sorry, but for now the answer is 'no, you can't do that in KS'.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 01:15:14 »
It was pretty buggy though, if the player was moving while it changed colors (You could end up with a yellow outline instead of a yellow shirt, for example...).
I know how you programmed that. Why so crude an approach, though? Lazy?
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 09:54:03 »
It was pretty buggy though, if the player was moving while it changed colors (You could end up with a yellow outline instead of a yellow shirt, for example...).

Bloxmaster gave up on the project and is not motivated anymore. Isn't that enough? Unless of course you are suggesting to take over?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 15:12:50 »

No offense here, but I don't see why it matters. I programmed it the way I knew how at the time, and that was good enough for me. I don't really appreciate your comment since you basically just slapped together a post that implied I was dumb for the way I did it, or at very least lazy, which was neither the case nor very nice to say. As for LPChip's statement, I don't plan on giving out the source, because as mentioned in many posts, it is corrupt, and I haven't finished the new one.

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 18:44:53 »
Hey Blox, he didn't say you're dumb for doing it that way; he said you did it dumbly (there's a difference), and questioned as to why you did it that way ("I didn't know better at the time" would have been good enough).
o__  o

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 01:10:10 »
No offense here, but I don't see why it matters. I programmed it the way I knew how at the time, and that was good enough for me. I don't really appreciate your comment since you basically just slapped together a post that implied I was dumb for the way I did it, or at very least lazy, which was neither the case nor very nice to say.
So.. inexperienced?
Lurk more.

Dashster

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 06:26:34 »
PP, perhaps you could make color changing in KS ACO? While not entirely fitting the name, it would be an interesting addition. If you decide to go for it, though, please do us (the users) the favor of only needing to type one line of code instead of four to get it to work. I eventually figured it out, but there were quite a few bugs with that particular part of KSA.

On a side note, the innovation to add color changing in the first place should be applauded, as well as all the things Blox DID do. Many objects (ie, darkness, fog, etc, etc) did an amazing job, and I used several in an abandoned level. I have recently begun remaking the entire thing (it was quite large) and hope to finish it this time.

Anyway, cool as it is that both of you have made some really successful mods, I think it would be AWESOME if the two you you worked together, though I understand not being able to because of time problems, etc.). Hope to see both of you keep up the great work!

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 06:30:14 »
PP, perhaps you could make color changing in KS ACO? While not entirely fitting the name, it would be an interesting addition.
Hmm.. :shifty:

Anyway, cool as it is that both of you have made some really successful mods, I think it would be AWESOME if the two you you worked together, though I understand not being able to because of time problems, etc.). Hope to see both of you keep up the great work!
See this and the following responses.
Lurk more.

Dashster

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:21 »

I was aware of this prior to my previous post, but one can still wish.

However, Blox DOES say
I have plenty of ideas but I can say that it just isn't going to be in KSA. I'm very happy that people still think about my mod, and I am sorry I could not keep up with it. If you have questions or comments please PM me, I'll see it. :)

... Maybe he'd be willing to share a few of these ideas? Working together is not always just sharing source code (and that can become quite a problem anyway).
I haven't seen Blox say anywhere that he is necessarily OPPOSED to sharing his ideas - from what I have seen, he seems to want to add to the Nifforum community in what ways he can. It's worth a shot, but I bet it would take someone worthy of sharing his ideas with for him to actually do so. You might be able to convince him, PP, especially if you successfully implement concepts from KSA (which he does, I recall, allow) such as jump through platforms, darkness/fog, timed shifts (which, I've noticed, you've already done!), and other similar things.

Anyway, it was just a slight hope. I realize it probably won't happen.