Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 4: DEADLINE March 30, 00:00:00 GMT
« Reply #390 on: March 28, 2010, 15:04:26 »
i am very very fucking dead kthxbai
That's up to PP to decide!
Not 'k', no 'thx' and ABSOLUTELY NO 'bai'!

« Reply #391 on: March 28, 2010, 17:42:50 »
jimj @ l.1: vote update
jimj316 (3): Razzorman, StraightFlame, Lunar_Tick

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Lurk more.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 28, 2010, 20:25:59 »
@ jim
Why did you vote for data then?
I didn't mean to, it was a mistake and I am sorry.
Do you have any arguments for why lynching you is not a good choice?
thank you very much for asking me the one question I can't answer without sounding like I am lying. if I say "because I am town" (which is the only reason I have for you to not kill me) you will still not listen, and just say I am mafia and I am "lying through my teeth" and I will be killed.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

« Reply #393 on: March 30, 2010, 01:51:19 »
-The day is over. Just a heads up, it usually takes me about an hour to completely end the day, so..-
Lurk more.

« Reply #394 on: March 30, 2010, 02:48:02 »
FINAL VOTECOUNT of Day 4
jimj316 (3): Razzorman, StraightFlame, Lunar_Tick

Tick. Tick. Tick. jimj316 glanced at his watch. The town had been silent for the majority of the last hour. They were all waiting in anticipation for the sun to set. With only 1 vote away from a majority, they remained unable to lynch until night fall. The four people who had not voted, Dataflashsabot, NESgamer190, and jimj316, knew that any one of them could very well condemn the latest votee to death. Be that as it were, not a one of them stirred. With the exception of jim, who paced nervously and held his watch up from time to time. Eventually, the sun had almost set. the time was 7:50, only two minutes away from sunset. Then one. 45 seconds. jimj316 nervously watched as the last minute of his life ticked down. 20 seconds. Now the town had risen, and were closing in around jim. The executioner sharpened his axe. 5 seconds. 4. 3. Lunar_Tick placed a hand on the condemned's shoulder. One second. Fearing for his life, jim broke free from Lunar's grip and dashed off down the road. The town was quick to give chase.

Blindly running through the kingdom, jimj shoved aside merchants and peddlers alike. Of the five that had perused him, now there were only four, hot on his trail. jim knew that if he stopped running, even for a bit, they would catch him. So, he pressed on. Within a few minutes, they had arrived at Pineapple Peak, a very steep, very dangerous mountain. jim was able to scale the rocks without much effort, and finding a ledge, pulled himself up to catch his breath. StraightFlame had grown too tired to run any further, having been wounded, so he sat down. The town knew that they could not follow jim any farther. Being higher than them, he had a great advantage. the rest of the town waited at the base of the mountain, planning to out-wait him. jimj316 realized this. The sun had set and it was growing darker. He eventually decided to make another attempt at escape. Tentatively, he began to lift himself up the rock face.

Suddenly, he saw Lunar_Tick and Dataflashsabot rounding the side of the mountain on a hiking trail. Once again, the chase was on. jim scaled the rock as fast as he could. Just slightly ahead of the two, he desperately flung himself onto the trail. Before he could stand up, however, Lunar had reached him. As he bend down, jim struck out with his foot. Catching Lunar with a boot to the head, he was able to delay the attack just enough to raise himself off the ground. Lunar was quick to steady himself, and again lunged at jim. This time, jim grabbed his arm and sliding his leg over, flipped Lunar off the edge. Luckily, it was only a few feet down to the ledge where jim had just lain, so Lunar's fall was not to bad. He was, however, knocked out for a fair amount of time.

jimj's victory was short lived, however, because Dataflashsabot had now caught up to him. Unlike Lunar, Data was fairly muscular, and jim did not fancy his chances in a fight with him. Taking to his feet, jim ran up the hiking trail. Dataflashsabot, was less than a few meters behind him, and the gap was narrowing. jim ran as fast as he could. He knew Dataflashsabot could easily outrun most other members of the town. He tried to drive away his thoughts as he continued up the winding trail. Finally, they reached the top. Before the chase could head down the other side, however, Data flung himself at jim's feet. He struck a great blow to them with his shoulder, and jim tumbled to the ground. Data was quick to get on him. The two men struggle, each one just barely staying out of the other's arms. In the end, however, Data manages to pin jimj's arms against the rock until the others arrived. Razzorman and NESgamer190 each grabbed and arm, and began to haul jim down the mountain. Having finally defeated the criminal, Dataflashsabot picked himself up, and flung himself off the mountain. Razzorman watched in astonishment as his body disappeared over the edge. jim was quick to see the opportunity. Breaking free of NES, he followed suite. The town watched as the last mafia fell down the mountain, bouncing again the side. His body torn to pieces, like leftover pie crust.
jimj316, mafia member, suicide day 4
Lurk more.

Re: Mafia 9 - Night 4
« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2010, 03:48:10 »
Everyone has sent me their night actions, but I will be unable to wrap up the night right now. I'm kinda busy. If you want to send a note, please do so in the next 24 hours.
Lurk more.

Re: Mafia 9 - Day 5
« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2010, 02:13:57 »
Gradually, the town hiked back down the mountain to the meeting area once again. They were all saddened over the loss of Dataflashsabot, but they had seen too many deaths to mourn for him, and they went to bed. In the middle of the night, the town was not awoken by an ear-piercing scream that cut through the night like a knife cuts pie. And that has about it an altogether eerie presence. That sent chills down the spines of every single one of the town, as the sat in their beds fearing for their lives. That would frighten ever the most calm person, and send the dogs running off into the night, barking and howling, so that their masters have to herd them back home, lest they be eaten by a grue. Nope, that's not what happened. It was, infact, an especially restful night for the town. In the morning they slept until almost ten o'clock. when they finally rose, and arrived down at the square, they noticed someone was missing: Lunar_Tick had been killed during the night. (in a surprisingly quiet fashion) They quickly made it to his bed chamber, only to find him lifeless on the floor.
Lunar_Tick, townsperson, killed to death night 4

The town trudged back down to the cobblestones to begin their discussion. They found two notes. The first was attached to a great stone pillar in the middle of the square, as most notes were. It read, "Goodbye, world!" The second note was found in jim's wrist watch. Someone had found the watch laying on the ground. A piece of paper had been wadded up and stuck in the middle. After being unfolded, the note read:
it looks like I'm headed out. sorry I snapped back at reply #392.

I admit it, I AM mafia, and I congratulate you on finding out who I am.
however, let me tell you a few things:
2. I only left one public note; it was the first one last night. I sent no others.
3. I have no idea as to the identity of the Serial Killer, not even a hunch.
4. had I survived today, I would have killed Lunar_Tick, and I worry that the Serial Killer has the same idea.

Well, good luck finding the SK! :)

Just as the town sat down to pick off the last few amongst them, a truck pulled up. A man with a mustache jumped out. He was the same person who had delivered so many paintings of straight flames, most of which still lay by the statue. He strode over to the circle of debaters and said, "Hey! We found something interesting over by that there Pineapple Peak. We thought you might want to have a look at it." The town were surprised, but one by one they rose and followed him to the back of the truck. There, someone lay in a full body cast, moaning from pain.
"Is that.. Dataflashsabot?"
"Heh. Hell if I know," the driver responded. "His body was so mangled you could barely tell arm from leg. Someone identified the hat as coming from Purpletown. Can't tell you what a time we had getting him here. The paramedics were running around, going, 'make sure you elevate his head,' or 'are you sure that box won't fall on him?' Eventually, we drove them away. So.." Here he stopped, "Why do you all look so dumbfounded?"
After a moment of silence, someone said, "It's just that.. He.. He jumped off the mountain!"
"Yeah, we know. Damn lucky he survived in one piece. Or so the doctors tell me."
"What happened!"
"Eh.. Not quite sure myself. The way I hear it, shortly after jumping he landed on a hot air balloon. Apparently he landed right in the basket, on top of the driver. They both survived, but then, would you believe it, the balloon started to lose altitude. The pilot couldn't do anything, so he just watched as the balloon plummeted down into the forest. The way I hear it, the trees broke their fall and a fire-engine was able to get them down safely. Now look, I've gotta get back to make more deliveries, so if you could just help me unload him.."

A few minuted later, the town once again sat in their circle to discuss.

Edit: with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Lurk more.

« Reply #397 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45:59 »
Ow.
Weff, prefumabfey if I fan falk tuu kis 'ast i' kont e berry sell.
Fy 'o I gail feven a' fuicide?

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 01, 2010, 21:04:47 »
Vote: dataflashsabot

Straightflame is the doctor, and NES is the pie fanatic.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #399 on: April 01, 2010, 21:45:21 »
vote: Dataflashsabot

« Reply #400 on: April 01, 2010, 22:38:46 »
Thigh'm fown, bee ee ubawoo.

Obligatory lvl.1 vote update
Dataflashsabot (2): Razzorman, StraightFlame

With 5 alive, it takes three to lynch.
Lurk more.

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2010, 17:43:38 »
Oh gravy...  This is a most perplexing thing...  to vote data now and accidentally cut the pie wrong, or to not vote and prevent a possible delight of pie?  That's a tough question...  ...but forgive me if I have goofed, but I'm sorry data, but your pie's cut.
VOTE:  DATAFLASHSABOT
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

« Reply #403 on: April 03, 2010, 01:27:38 »
[/day 5]
         </span>
      </div>
   </body>
</html>

Now let me think.. how to kill someone in a body cast?

Edit: Turns out I will have to wait a bit before updating the thread. Please be patient.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:48:59 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Re: Mafia 9 - Night 5
« Reply #404 on: April 03, 2010, 18:52:53 »
FINAL VOTECOUNT OF DAY 5
Dataflashsabot (3): Razzorman, StraightFlame, NESgamer190

Story update
For the first time in a while, the town had arrived at a verdict before nightfall. They knew NESgamer cared for just about nothing but pie, and therefore couldn't be the CK. StraightFlame claimed he was the doctor, and the town had good reason to believe him. This left three people: Dataflashsabot and Razzorman. Dataflashsabot could barely speek, so the town decided to put him out of his misery. There was a problem, however. Dataflashsabot's cast provided an excellent shield, as it was supposed to. There wasn't enough room around his head to simply shoot him, and, believe it or not, bullets couldn't penetrate it. The town eventually decided to drown him. The four gents picking up his body, they threw him in the river. I don't remember if casts float, but they rolled a heavy rock down onto him to be sure.
Dataflashsabot, townie, lynched day 5

Players still alive (4): NESgamer190, Razzorman, StraightFlame
Lurk more.