Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 3 (Ends March 14, 05:00:00 GMT)
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2010, 00:23:00 »
What's the reason of voting on me StraightFlame? Is it like blindshot, or do you have anything to share with us?

I find you more and more suspicious because of your votes without an explanation. Also I wonder, why mafia didn't kill you - doctor is usually the first to kill, isn't he?

We don't really know wheter Straight is doc...

Please, explain why did you vote me.

FOS: StraightFlame

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 14, 2010, 00:48:10 »
Also I wonder, why mafia didn't kill you - doctor is usually the first to kill, isn't he?
That's either a nasty threat, or a very good point.

@experienced players: is it usual mafia tactics to kill the doctor as soon as he is revealed?
I can see why this might be the case (the doctor isn't going to guard anyone suspicious, which will probably rule out any mafia players; also, there is usually no serial killer, so there is no-one to kill mafia at night, so no need for anyone to protect them) but also why not (considering there is a serial killer)

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2010, 01:11:06 »
@ jimj
@experienced players: is it usual mafia tactics to kill the doctor as soon as he is revealed?
Its not a good strategy for the mafia/sk to try to kill the doctor the night after a claim, since the doctor will probably protect himself.

@ RunMan
Yes we do. He claimed to be the doctor to get  salmoneous lynched. If he was not the doctor he'd be stupid.

Razzor: Is there any reason we shouldn't vote for Data?
Well, I'm guessing that the suicide written in red text means that he left the game.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #333 on: March 14, 2010, 04:43:24 »
Vote update
jimj316 (1): Dataflashsabot
Dataflashsabot (1): Lunar_Tick
RunMan (1): StraightFlame

Spoiler: @Lunar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: @RunMan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: @Dataflashsabot (click to show/hide)
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2010, 09:48:17 »
Razzor: Is there any reason we shouldn't vote for Data?
Well, I'm guessing that the suicide written in red text means that he left the game.
vote: runman
For similar reasons to Data, and because he waven't the luxury of time.

And there isn't any SK I don't know what I was talking about a couple of posts back.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #335 on: March 14, 2010, 10:58:08 »
Is it like blindshot?
Correct.
I wonder, why mafia didn't kill you - doctor is usually the first to kill, isn't he?
Yeah... Now that you say it...
Yeah, but why would i lynch the rolebl-- Oh... right... There is also the possibility of me being the SK. Crud... Shoulda seen that coming...

Re: Mafia 9 - Night 3
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2010, 18:36:40 »
vote: runman
Well, the day technically ended 13 hours ago. Unfortunately, there was a 3-way tie. Sooooo.. day over!

FINAL VOTECOUNT OF DAY 3
jimj316 (1): Dataflashsabot
RunMan (2): StraightFlame, Lunar_Tick

Story update
The town attempted to ignore jimj316's antics, in hope that he would stop. Just then, a truck pulled up to the front gate of the town. The driver climbed out. He was a middle-aged man with a brown mustache. Under his arm he carried a clipboard. Approaching where the town hall used to be, he noticed a circle of people sitting in the ashes. "Delivery for Purpletown, Pinaplandia here. Where do you want it?" "Erm.." one of the townsfolk began, "just leave it over by the statue in the town square." The man with the mustache returned to the truck and was soon joined by his comrade. Together, they began unloading painting after painting of fire. They totaled 100 in all. The two men got back in the truck and drove away. As the crowd looked on, they noticed something peculiar about the flames: they were all straight.

Just as the sun was setting an unusual thing occurred: the votes evened out. There were three people with one vote each: jimj316, Dataflashsabot, and RunMan. In the end, it was Lunar who cast the final vote. Everyone well aware that the next vote would sent someone to the cliff, the voting box sat in the center of the townspeople, untouched. Finally, one brave soul rose to condemn RunMan to the guillotine. As Lunar stood to submit the final vote, jimj316 was bowled over by a ghostly "no" screamed in his ear.

The town, happy at having reached a verdict, at one grabbed RunMan. Ignoring his protesting, they hauled him up to the cropping block. The squad pulled the trigger, and RunMan's smashed body rolled out of the garbage crusher.
RunMan, townie, enddayed day 3

It is now night.
Lurk more.

« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2010, 00:09:00 »
Sorry guys! I forgot kaizoman died already. Day 4 will begin in just a sec.
Lurk more.

Re: Mafia 9 - Day 4
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2010, 01:04:54 »
Story update
The town woke up to yet another ear-piercing scream. It came from Lunar_Tick's house this time. As the town wearily sat up in bed, StraightFlame rushed down the street shouting, "It's alright. I'm a doctor!" When he arrived at Lunar's bed chamber, he found him face down on the floor, blood dribbling from his head. SF strode over to the window and informed everyone that it was only a minor wound, not fatal. As he packed up his bag, he stood up just in time to see someone jump into the window. The intruder grabbed a spool of italicized text and flung it at StraightFlame. when he came to, he could only remember holding up his bag in defense, and then a sharp pain to his right cheek. The town informed him that as they were about to enter the building, they saw his body fly out of the second story window. There was a tree just outside, so he did not suffer great enough damage to be killed. when he finally hit the ground, however, StraightFlame was bruised all over, and had a slight cut on his cheek. when the town did investigate Lunar_Tick, they found a note stapled to the back of his head. It read, "really, dataflashsabot is not the serial killer. mark my words...it would be a big mistake for you all to vote for him"
The town marched over to the town square, where they found another note: Hi pplz, howaya doin? Let's move on to the next suspect: Dataflashsabot! Is he a townie? Is he a Mafia? Is he the SK? The world will know one day! Just then, someone noticed Shawnachu was missing. They ran into his house, but found the door to his room stuck tight. One of them suggested it was locked, but it could be cracked part way. The doorknob could move as well. StraightFlame still sat in the town square. From his vantage point, he could clearly see through a window what the problem was: A massive object was blocking the door. Inside, NESgamer and Dataflashsabot were doing their best to de-hinge the door. When it was finally loose, they pulled it off and found the large hemisphere StraightFlame had noticed. (for he and Lunar were outside, recovering) It was a giant cereal bowl. Filled to the brim with some kind of transparent milky substance, they couldn't grab the edge without slipping off. Soon enough, jimj316 came up with a plan. Taking, Razzorman on his shoulders, they were able to see into the bowl. At the bottom was Shawnachu. His head had been crammed through a giant cheerio, weighing well over 50 lbs. He and the cheerio had sunk to the bottom of the cereal bowl, where he had drowned. The town noticed a large pie tin at the side of the room. It had crumbs in it, but was otherwise bare.
Shawnachu, pie holder, drowned in a bowl of cereal night 3.

Note to pie fanatic: You know who you are, and I'll give you a prize when the game is over.

Spoiler: Players alive (click to show/hide)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 19, 2010, 16:22:23 »
I propose each player states which note he or she has written, if any.

I have written no messages.

We should lend no weight to notes whatsoever until they prove otherwise, and their authors have something to say about them (either in retrospect or whatever).

Lets work on the assumption that Dataflashsabot and/or NESGamer are most probably mafia, because they have been completely inactive.

Jimj seems to have given reason for his weirdness but I will seriously consider lynching him if its LyLo and nothing comes up (because we're all incompetent).

It is a weakness of mine that I always assume that Razzor is unequivocally town because he's sensible and acute. I now realise we've never voted, accused, or asked him anything. If he is mafia, we're making it terribly easy for him.

Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2010, 17:04:39 »
I could have sworn I killed myself.

« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2010, 17:05:33 »
(I wrote no notes.)

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2010, 17:10:02 »
Shawnachu, pie holder

pie holder? what sort of role is that?
is it townie, mafia, doctor or SK?
@L_T: I did send a public note tonight (for no reason) it would have read "HAI! cheese is cool, and anyone who disagrees will be CHEZCAKEIMIFIED" but I decided to remove it. other than that, I have sent no messages.

also @LT: what is a LyLo? please epxlain.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2010, 17:15:12 »
Well, I don't think its a coincidence that dataflashsabot was put under suspicion in both notes. Also, I'm fairly sure that they were written by the same person.
The mafia/sk (whoever is writing all the notes) has a bit of a history with leaving confusing notes each night.

These notes tell us nothing, regardless of the role the writer has. If they were, as I think, written by the mafia, then trusting them is pointless.

if they were written by a townie, which I doubt, would you kindly come forward so that I may tell you to stop, because you're not helping anyone (well, except for the mafia).

@jimj
also @LT: what is a LyLo? please epxlain.

Lynch or Loose. Its basically a situation where you have to lynch a mafia player to not loose the game.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 3
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2010, 19:54:45 »
oh, NOW I know what a pie holder is...
abbr tag needs to be more obvious.
well, at least someone has pie now.

on a completely unrelated note:
Story update
As they settled down amongst the ashes, a small fly buzzed in from around the corner of the graveyard. All of a sudden, it sputtered, and fell to the ground.
and:
jimj316 was bowled over by a ghostly "no" screamed in his ear.

connection, possibly?
could this be some sort of secret equivalent of public notes, but for players who are dead?
I mean, if it were just PP messing with our heads, why were there two messages alongside the first of these?
and could this mean that i am finally losing my mind, and drawing wild conclusions from thin air?

Hmmmm...