Real Time Video Editor -Free or Cheap-

• 12 Replies

Offline Insane

• *Insert Witty Comment Here*
    • View Profile
Real Time Video Editor -Free or Cheap-
« on: June 27, 2009, 05:14:14 »
Hey, :^^:
I have many awesome video ideas but i just cant seem to find a good video editor :/, so i was wondering if someone new of a free (or at least not too expensive XD) and not overlly complex real time video editor.
As I walk the valley of death I have no fear because I am the meanest Mother Fucker in the whole Valley" General George S. Paterson

Imma Farin Ma Lazor
O o
/?/___________________________
| BLAAAAARAAARAAARAAARGH!!!!!!!!
\_\???????????????????????????

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Re: Real Time Video Editor -Free or Cheap-
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:14:18 »
Pinnacle Studios is a real-time editor, and the price is cheapish. Depending on what your definition of cheap is, it's about 90 bucks. I own Studio 11, and it's a good program, but your computer's specs would be helpful. Storage space, Ram, etc.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Insane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:54:39 »
Pinnacle Studios is a real-time editor, and the price is cheapish. Depending on what your definition of cheap is, it's about 90 bucks. I own Studio 11, and it's a good program, but your computer's specs would be helpful. Storage space, Ram, etc.

Cool thanks i will look into it  XD
As I walk the valley of death I have no fear because I am the meanest Mother Fucker in the whole Valley" General George S. Paterson

Imma Farin Ma Lazor
O o

Offline vdweller

• JapanStache!
    • View Profile
    • vdweller's freeware games
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 22:35:31 »
Depending on what you excactly need to do, Virtual Dub may be an excellent free solution.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 22:57:47 »
Jahshaka

I think its free..i think

http://jahshaka.org/Tutorials/p2_articleid/75 screenshots

Offline Insane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 03:57:13 »
Jahshaka

I think its free..i think

http://jahshaka.org/Tutorials/p2_articleid/75 screenshots

Its free but i've been to it before and it dosn't work, and i dont think it ever wil it was last updated in 2006.  O_o

i will try again though just in case.   :^^:

Imma Farin Ma Lazor
O o

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 11:39:49 »
Wax is the best free video editor I have seen so far. Not that I have looked very much, but I believe it can do what you want it to.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:27:06 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 14:31:54 »
I tried to find a free video editor (windows, right?) a while ago and Wax and Virtual Dub were the only two I found to be worthwhile. Jahshaka was nasty and doesn't work properly (at least, not on Vista or with a LOT of tweaking), and the standard Windows Movie Maker is clunky at best, and importing options are not only limited, but buggy on Vista.

Unfortunately, Avid discontinued their free edition (which was the BEST free video editor, hands down), so your best bet is to pay for innacle (pretty good if I remember rightly) or go for something a bit more expensive like Adobe Premiere which is worthy investment if you're planning on making videos for a substantial period of time.

By the way, a 'bit' more expensive is a euphemism for expensive (the Elements slimmed down version is around $120, but the full version is $800!)

Offline Insane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 09:27:30 »
I tried to find a free video editor (windows, right?) a while ago and Wax and Virtual Dub were the only two I found to be worthwhile. Jahshaka was nasty and doesn't work properly (at least, not on Vista or with a LOT of tweaking), and the standard Windows Movie Maker is clunky at best, and importing options are not only limited, but buggy on Vista.

Unfortunately, Avid discontinued their free edition (which was the BEST free video editor, hands down), so your best bet is to pay for innacle (pretty good if I remember rightly) or go for something a bit more expensive like Adobe Premiere which is worthy investment if you're planning on making videos for a substantial period of time.

By the way, a 'bit' more expensive is a euphemism for expensive (the Elements slimmed down version is around $120, but the full version is $800!)
Thanks i really appreciate your extensive input and from what i have seen virtual dub and wax are the best as well XD

Imma Farin Ma Lazor
O o

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 09:28:38 »
I also strongly recommend Wax. It's much more powerful than it seems, and it's easy to use. :D

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 05:56:07 »
it's easy to use. :D

so is movie maker

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 22:11:45 »

so is movie maker

... but weak and unstable.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 22:08:00 »

so is movie maker

... but weak and unstable.
it's okay for a quick family movie, but not for anything professional.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)