Mafia 3 - Town victory

• 302 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2009, 22:27:16 »
On Razzor
I unvote, for some pretty obvious reasons.
Are we to take it that you agree completely with Bored's statement?
It is not helpful to the town to leave such matters unexplained Razzor, please elaborate.
My vote on Bored was mostly based on the fact that he was pushing very hard for a quick lynch on NES, with a false argument.
When he unvoted NES I couldn't be sure that he was mafia anymore, since he had suddenly stopped pushing for a lynch.

Of course, he could still be mafia, and simply unvoted because he felt he was under pressure. That is just speculation though, and its nothing I want to base my vote on.

Edit: Also, what happened to igiari and firecat? They haven't said a single word, other than the mandatory confirmation post. Can I have an explanation for this please?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 22:36:35 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2009, 22:34:58 »
@Lunar:  So far, I've found nobody discriminatingly scummy, considering the logic of Bored2death's theory pulls techno out of the radar of sorts.  (Translation:  I can't seem to find anyone scummy enough to get the vote yet, so until a verdict comes, I might have to hold off from voting a bit until a new verdict comes.)
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2009, 00:04:02 »
Now, not to push hard or anything, but... we've asked for an explanation, and you have failed to deliver, thus far. I agree with Lunar, you are under scrutiny. Explain your actions soon, or the town may decide matters are better decided without you there. You are being overly evasive, and if you had a pro-town role, wouldn't you explain your actions? If you don't explain them soon, I and some others may see fit to vote to lynch you. I'd hate to make a fairly quick decision, but your actions thus far have not exactly been... normal.  Now, I have also been wondering what happened to Igiari and Firecat...although I can understand if they don't want to make a rash decision, they haven't said a single word... they could be partners in a sinister plan, but we can't be sure, as they might not have been able to make it to a computer recently, either.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline NESgamer190

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2009, 00:22:20 »
Well bored2death, thanks for the reminder...
To be honest, I've been a bit sensitive like my family has been in real life, so the defensive bit comes there, but my paranoia literally brewed out of my own fears.  (In other words, it was out of natural reaction.)
Forgive me if that's not a high enough explanation, but I have to say that man can either be prey (in my case.), civil, or savage predator.  I promise to man up a little more for the future.  I assure that or death by ice I get.  All in all, I was worried that people would be rash to speedkill me.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2009, 00:25:30 »
Fair enough, but one other question comes to mind there: in the history of Mafia gaming, nothing like this has occurred before in your situation. Why is that, and why is it just this time that you are basically exploding about small things?

Offline NESgamer190

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2009, 00:43:16 »
Fair enough, but one other question comes to mind there: in the history of Mafia gaming, nothing like this has occurred before in your situation. Why is that, and why is it just this time that you are basically exploding about small things?
My family's called me a worrywart, and I guess they were right.  My paranoia makes me an all too worrisome individual, especially near insects.  All in all, my paranoia winds up highjacking my seat of control whenever something disastrous comes.  I guess you can call it a weakness of mine, but As I mentioned before, I'm going to man up to my paranoia.  (apologies about same reason utilization, but needless to say, I've been a worrywart to cause me to go into doomsday mode.)
Unretired.
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2009, 00:44:21 »
Yet... you avoid another question? Again: why is this behavior seen now, but not in the past? I don't mean to come across as cruel or tough, but if that's the case, the reason is to get as much evidence as possible for the good of the town. Your actions still haven't been satisfactorily explained.

Offline NESgamer190

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2009, 01:06:59 »
Yet... you avoid another question? Again: why is this behavior seen now, but not in the past? I don't mean to come across as cruel or tough, but if that's the case, the reason is to get as much evidence as possible for the good of the town. Your actions still haven't been satisfactorily explained.
I figure I might as well explain the whole reason of a fearful bout.  Needless to say, Consider this very macabre, but the fact I have final exams, as well as the fact of my pitiful trigonometry skills are existent, caused me some unneeded distress.  In earlier rounds, I've either been untouched by votes, or I was not quite taking trigonometry's harder segment/nearing finals.  Forgive me if this STILL is not enough to explain my jittery actions, but stress is by and far my big panic causer.
Unretired.
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2009, 01:20:25 »
I guess... I wouldn't know the feeling. I'm in middle school, we don't have to take finals. I can imagine, however, the stress you felt. Hope you did well!

@mod: how long is day one going to last? we need some kind of action around here... it's beginning to get... must I say it... (points to name) :sigh: boring... yep, the grim reaper's coming for me...

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2009, 01:44:00 »
@mod: how long is day one going to last? we need some kind of action around here... it's beginning to get... must I say it... (points to name) :sigh: boring... yep, the grim reaper's coming for me...
If neccessary, I can say everyone turned around and went to bed. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to quit. :P
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:52 »
We'll see if everyone's still awake, first! Or, if anyone else is alive (has stuff been going on that I was left out on :shocked:? Everyone's dead... all my town friends...  :sad: that's why they stopped replying... uh-oh... I'm the mafia's next target!

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2009, 03:18:27 »
Quote from: Razzorman
My vote on Bored was mostly based on the fact that he was pushing very hard for a quick lynch on NES, with a false argument.
When he unvoted NES I couldn't be sure that he was mafia anymore, since he had suddenly stopped pushing for a lynch.

Of course, he could still be mafia, and simply unvoted because he felt he was under pressure. That is just speculation though, and its nothing I want to base my vote on.

Yes, but I think he unvote was largly influenced by Lunar here.

FoS: Lunar, Bored2Death for role-fishing, Lunar at least should know better.
Seriously how many times do you want to mention that NES probably has a PR.
Even if you suspect as much, you don't have to declare it to the whole town.

vote: Lunar for reasons above.

I am not keen on a lurker lynch currently. Igiari is a chronic lurker in all games anyway. Some prods would be good though.

NES's use of language seems still slightly forced. I have never seen NES speak in such prose before.

@mod, could we have a votecount and could we have some prods on the inactives (i.e PM inactives).

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2009, 03:48:32 »
Are you suggesting that looking for solid evidence before voting is a bad thing? That's the way it comes out to me, and I just cannot follow that advice with a good conscience. And, just so you know, my mind is open, it isn't focused on NES. He currently seems the most suspicious to me, but then again, he may have his reasons for keeping us in the dark.

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:44 »
Votecount:

NESgamer190 (4): Dataflashsabot, shawnachu, LimeLemon, TechnoGeek
Lunar_Tick (1): Budja

Inactives prodded.
Lurk more.

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2009, 13:35:47 »
oops, sorry for being inactive... I've been keeping up with this thread, just didn't have anything to contribute that hadn't already been said :/