Mafia 3 - Town victory

• 302 Replies

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 15:02:06 »
Good job, Salmon; Purple Pineapple is the mediator for the game. XD

Anyway, I am downright amazed that I haven't gotten lynched yet.
(...oh wait. there hasn't been a real night yet. Dammit.)

Anyway. NESgamer does indeed sound awfully suspicious, so vote NESgamer190.
grao!

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 15:50:03 »
Budja...  Not to be cruel, but I am speaking the truth.  Let's be honest.  out of history, I don't think I was ever mafia.  Granted it doesn't mean people will think of me as innocent, but I seem to notice a trend.
I've about reached a verdict, not in self defense, but out of self thought, but alas, to vote budja, or the other person voting me (who happen to be the ONLY voters), would guarantee my death, so to try and procure other information, I'm going to have to blindly vote T3c4n0g33k.

You seem to really be trying to defend yourself there. Plus, it seems you feel guaranteed that you are going to die, it's only a matter of time. By implying everybody should be voting, it seems to indicate you want somebody lynched. My question is, do you want a townsperson or a mafia? Or do you want everyone but you dead? No, I'm afraid I'm going to Vote: NESgamer190.
I don't get it. First you criticize NES for pushing for a lynch, (which he never really did, by the way) then you immediately start pushing to lynch him?
That seems at least a little bit suspicious to me.
I vote: Bored2death.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2009, 15:53:53 »
@shawn, talk on day 1 leads to more information for the town. More information = greater chance of town victory.

Yes, I can see your point there.

I'm going to unvote: Dataflashsabot and vote:NESgamer. He seriously looks like he is trying to defend himself.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 16:23:08 »
So you are voting NES for defending himself? Is that really a bad thing?

unvote for now. I really don't want a lynch yet.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 17:31:22 »
I agree that NESgamer seems suspicious.
Vote:NESgamer190
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 17:49:51 »
Budja...  Not to be cruel, but I am speaking the truth.  Let's be honest.  out of history, I don't think I was ever mafia.  Granted it doesn't mean people will think of me as innocent, but I seem to notice a trend.
I've about reached a verdict, not in self defense, but out of self thought, but alas, to vote budja, or the other person voting me (who happen to be the ONLY voters), would guarantee my death, so to try and procure other information, I'm going to have to blindly vote T3c4n0g33k.

You seem to really be trying to defend yourself there. Plus, it seems you feel guaranteed that you are going to die, it's only a matter of time. By implying everybody should be voting, it seems to indicate you want somebody lynched. My question is, do you want a townsperson or a mafia? Or do you want everyone but you dead? No, I'm afraid I'm going to Vote: NESgamer190.
I don't get it. First you criticize NES for pushing for a lynch, (which he never really did, by the way) then you immediately start pushing to lynch him?
That seems at least a little bit suspicious to me.
I vote: Bored2death.

In explanation, I believe that NES is hiding something, and he also voted randomly (which is kind of ok on the first day, but will get us nowhere), showing that he doesn't really care who dies. Most other people, including yourself, waited for some evidence. He has not. Plus, if you see above replies, he lied. He was a mafia member in mafia 5.0, in the old forum. I did a little bit of research there to see if he could be trusted. He said that he doesn't think he was ever a mafia. That is a lie. Anyway, he just seems suspicious, and I'd rather nail a mafia day one than try to day 4, when everyone's gone, because by that time, it's to late... we're dead in the night, and they win. Also, just as a side note, for all anyone knows yet, you could be a mafia member, as well, and are trying to cover for your partner by voting one of the more outspoken members against him.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2009, 18:03:07 »
Sorry for inactivity. Wont be able to post for more than 12 hours.  :/
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2009, 20:49:53 »
Based on current evidence above, I also vote: NESGamer
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 21:04:01 »
Either counted wrong, or the town just doomed itself.
Soulless people never know how sensitive I can be with skewers.  Looks like I be seeing death...  As Abraham Lincoln once said, "I never told a lie."  But alas, nobody trusts a wretch...  *drops cyanide, pulls out a lighter and lights his lace on fire*  Any last words before the verdict of my death?
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 21:34:53 »
I only see 6 votes (Budja took his off)... you might still be alive, for now...and you are still over-defending yourself. Even if you are as you claim, one deceased townie (which I pray you are not, because it would hurt the town) would not necessarily mean the end of the game for all of us. And, again, you stubbornly insist that you have not lied. You were Sofia the third, in Mafia version 5.0, in the old forum. This contradicts what you say when you said you never were a mafia member. Looking on the history of mafia can lead to resolving the problems in the future. In addition to this reason, even though you said, after two votes, that it was cruel and unfair, you still then when and voted randomly, which would also be cruel and unfair.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2009, 23:09:47 »
Although I haven't followed the conversation at all, one should never rely on past mafia games to from a basis of any syllogism. Just saying.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 00:02:05 »
If you read the rest of it, you might understand.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 02:17:44 »
TechnoGeek and Limelemon joined the end of the NES wagon without any comment. FoS. What do you two actually think of NES?

Random votes at the very start of the game are not suspicious and are actually a good way of getting the game moving. Simply waiting for evidence doesn't work.

The case of NES is not that strong but was a good way to begin. I think everyone should at least check in and voice an opinion before we lynch anyone.

NES, do you have anything to say apart from dramatically declaring doom and generally having a death-wish. NES's death-wish suggests to me that he is not scum but it is still anti-town.

@mod, votecount please.

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 03:25:31 »
Budja.  I'm going to say that you're going to have to follow your gut with the TechnoGeek voting me, as I might be feeling he done this against me in a potential revenge vote instead of circumstantial evidence.  (I voted him first out of trying to find out information, and he claims to vote me for the "above evidence".
I will keep my vote upon techno just due to the potential possibility of revenge voting.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 03:52:31 »
You are irrationally paranoid about revenge votes.

A town player has no do so out of annoyance but it isn't helpful.
A mafia player may vote their attacker in order to discredit them.

TechnoGeek is currently under no real threat of a lynch and would have no reason to revenge vote you. I was more potentially concerned with some votes on the NES wagon being opportunistic.

Your logic fails here, NES.