Mafia 3 - Town victory

• 302 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 3 - Day 3
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2009, 18:17:05 »
FOS: Dataflashsabot
@Dataflashsabot: Give me your view on, among other things, Limelemon, please.

FOS: Limelemon.
@LL: Give me your view on, among other things, Dataflashsabot, please.

At the moment Dataflashsabot looks more dubious than Limelemon.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2009, 20:51:22 »
What's so suspicious about Data?
Calm down Lunar, you're overreacting on everything. Actually, you seem more and more suspicious when I look at your previous posts...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2009, 21:23:36 »
Data looks like the prime target for a lynch due to D2 shenanigans. I thought... that was obvious.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2009, 22:46:27 »
Data looks like the prime target for a lynch due to D2 shenanigans. I thought... that was obvious.
...Excuse me?

Also, first you FOS me for not trusting you and jumping on the koromi bandwagon.
Then, you FOS me because I finally decided to trust you and voted koromi.

What's wrong with you, man?

« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2009, 23:00:17 »
What 'day 2 shenanigans'?

LimeLemon seems trustworthy to me. You, Lunar_Tick, on the other hand, have been suspicious for a while now. You argue against joining bandwagons; in all honesty it seems to me like you're the one starting them, FOSing everybody under the sun for very little reason. It seems to me that you don't quite have the town's best interests at heart, and that even if you're on the town's side, you are being rather unhelpful.

I may change it, but: vote:Lunar_Tick

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2009, 23:03:14 »
Also, first you FOS me for not trusting you and jumping on the koromi bandwagon.
That is a greedy reduction.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2009, 00:28:39 »
Lunar, you are pathetic. Have you already forgotten about that lurker thing? Firecat? Kasran? Why note vote on them?
FOS: Lunar_Tick

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2009, 10:14:58 »
In short, trying to distance yourself from Koromi, lurking and ignoring me.

After finding that Koromi was exposed as mafia, you are the most suspicious, as discussed in some of my previous posts.

LimeLemon seems trustworthy to me.
Why do you feel this? This comes in complete contradiction with your post #207:

Well, LimeLemon has not argued his case all that much, and he still seems upset by a perfectly legitimate lynch even after it being explained to him several times.
In all honesty, I am very suspicious of him.
vote:LimeLemon although I may change it.

It's perfectly alright to completely change ones opinion on an issue, however, you went from one opinion which you still haven't given evidence for (i.e.: voting LL) to another opinion (i.e.: supporting LL). This is very suspicious as it seems that, instead of actually forming opinions on people, you seem to be ever changing sides and siding with the players just to save yourself.

You, Lunar_Tick, on the other hand, have been suspicious for a while now.
Could you bring some quotes in on this?

You argue against joining bandwagons; in all honesty it seems to me like you're the one starting them, [...]
I think I gave the definition of a bandwagon during D2 and clearly stated and implemented measures against them. I cannot be accused of starting a bandwagon D3 because I have not voted yet, nor supported wholeheartedly Budja's justified vote yet.

[...] FOSing everybody under the sun for very little reason.
Surely, not a scumtell, even if my FOSs were unjustified. If you wish to clarify the reasons of my FOS's you could easily ask, but you rather seem to be more intent than lynching me and getting on with it rather than actually examining me methodically.
Anyway, my multiple FOS (which have only nominal value) D2 was to jolt some interest into the game (I think it worked perfectly as you, Razzor and some other players injected their valuable opinions into the game).
My two FOS D3 I will explain later in this post.

You gave no airtight argument neither for your original opinion on this matter, nor about why you changed opinion. That could be interpreted as scummy.

Lunar, you are pathetic.
Unnecessary putrefaction.

Have you already forgotten about that lurker thing? Firecat? Kasran? Why note vote on them?
It looks like you've got a selective memory LL. You seem to forget the contents of post #228. I have been the only player who has actually brought their inactivity (at least during D3) to the town's attention and have questioned them. They have ignored me, however.

I continue to support my position that lurker lynches are the best way to go unless (and I think if you re-read the thread you'll find that I have not only implied this important clause but actually stated it clearly) there is significant evidence which point in a differrent direction. At this late-ish day we have a somewhat adequate amount of evidence to talk about.

I have not forgetten about Kasran and Firecat, but things take priority don't you think?

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:07 »
The strong OMGUS reactions from data/limelemon are interesting to say the least. Lunar's behaviour has been quite pro-town so far IMO. Generating conversation is good not anti-town.

Two most recent suss things.
LimeLemon deflect attention to lurkers. +scum
Data's sudden change of heart re. Limelemon. +scum

I want to lynch one of these then do a mass claim tomorrow.

(If you want to blame someone for bandwagonning you really should be looking at me :P. Personally I see nothing wrong with forming well-thoughtout bandwagons.)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2009, 11:51:41 »

LimeLemon seems trustworthy to me. You, Lunar_Tick, on the other hand, have been suspicious for a while now. You argue against joining bandwagons; in all honesty it seems to me like you're the one starting them, FOSing everybody under the sun for very little reason. It seems to me that you don't quite have the town's best interests at heart, and that even if you're on the town's side, you are being rather unhelpful.

I may change it, but: vote:Lunar_Tick
Interesting. You made a case against LL earlier in the game, and now you had a change of heart?
Why?
I'm not saying It's not OK to change your opinion on someone, but LL isn't looking very pro town at the moment.
Seeing as you have also been silent throughout the most of the game, and that you never said anything about the koromi bandwagon, I'm going to vote: Dataflashsabot.

Lunar, you are pathetic. Have you already forgotten about that lurker thing? Firecat? Kasran? Why note vote on them?
Because there isn't much evidence saying that they are mafia besides the inactivity.
This is how an inactive lynch works.

Inactive player lynched: turns out to be mafia=Yay!
Inactive player lynched: turns out to be town=Nothing lost, because they weren't helping us anyways.
Active player lynched: turns out to be mafia=Yay!
Active player lynched: turns out to be town=Suicide.

So lynching an inactive player is a win/almost win situation, while lynching an active player should only be done if they look like they are mafia. If you have an active player who looks like they are mafia, its a lot better to try to get him/her lynched, because its not a blind choice.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2009, 13:14:08 »
Inactive player lynched: turns out to be town=Nothing lost, because they weren't helping us anyways.
I would have to disagree. It's better than lynching an active player, but remember that the mafia's goal is to be equal to the number of townies- lynching any of our own is a huge problem, active or no.
I realize this seems to go against what I said:
and that even if you're on the town's side, you are being rather unhelpful.
But that's not the same thing- I very much suspect Lunar_Tick is not on our side.

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2009, 13:18:39 »
You are avoiding my question. Why do you think Lunar is suspicious, and how come you changed your mind about Limelemon?

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2009, 13:23:13 »
Mafia players will always have to lie, and or avoid explaining themselves to some extent whenever they are making a case against someone, because there is no way for them to tell the truth.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2009, 13:29:20 »
Dataflashsabot

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2009, 13:31:08 »
It takes 5 to lynch right?
Anyway NES: make an appearance, would you?