Mafia 3 - Town victory

• 302 Replies
Re: Mafia 3 - Day 3
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2009, 04:20:58 »
The rooster crowed. The sun shone. A new day began for the small town in the valley.
What? You think I seem high spirited? Well most of you should be because shawnachu, serial killer, lynched night 2
Lurk more.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2009, 08:41:54 »
The final votecount:

koromi (6): Budja, NESgamer190, TechnoGeek, Lunar_Tick, Razzorman, LimeLemon

Town: TechnoGeek, Razzorman, Lunar and NES.

No read: Kasran, Firecat

Dataflashsabot: not a bad case on Limelemon but didn't comment of the koromi wagon even when it was nearing a lynch.

vote Dataflashsabot

Judging by previous games, it is highly likely that the mafia still have a roleblocker. So I dont think there should be any claims yet unless you have a guilty or are in danger of bring lynched.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2009, 08:55:50 »
shawnachu, serial killer, lynched night 2
Bored2death, townsperson, throat slit night 1

It's clear that kills of N1 and N2 were committed by different people.
Since the Mafia attempted to kill me N1 but I was saved, it follows that:
a) Shawn was killed by the mafia
b) Bored was killed by the SK (Shawn)
Since there was no kill by the SK N2, it follows that:
c) The mafia's kills are resolved before the SK's kills.

I know, mostly irrelevant.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2009, 11:18:31 »
I told you guys lynching the inactive works.
Important: The role blocker blocked me last night so is still alive. Don't roleclaim.

The final votecount:
[...]

Although fairly accurate, your readings may fall into the trap of missing a mafia member. This is because you seem to absolve most members of the congregation because they voted Koromi. Explain why you believe NES, Techno and Razzor are town.

You have avoided claiming Limelemon is town. I agree in this. Every time I reread D2 he becomes more and more suspicious.

Dataflashsabot is probably the best choice at this point, but lets face it, lynching him prematurely with a bandwagon now is surely unwise. Budja, your rashness to lynch him is queer.

Oughtn't we first question Kasran, Firecat and Limelemon?

@Limelemon:
What were your reasons on holding your vote back from voting Koromi until the last moment? What eventually moved you to vote?

@Kasran, Firecat:
You reasons on not voting Koromi? Your reasons on not voting?

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2009, 11:34:04 »
@Lunar, Look at the first post :P. Only 1 left.

Also, you have essentually softclaimed a power role there. You had no real reason to do so as I had already mentioned the likelyhood of a roleblocker.

After modding the last two games, I saw how the mafia avoiding voting for their partners. Bussing (voting other mafia to look more townie or simular) pretty much never occurred. This makes me quite confident on those are the start of the wagon. Razzorman, while towards the end has been participating and making cases and so is looking reasonably town.

A vote is not a lynch. I guess I should be more careful to avoid bandwagons but I prefer to vote rather than FoS or a weaker equivalent.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2009, 11:50:58 »
@Lunar, Look at the first post :P. Only 1 left.
Huh?
Why do you direct me there?

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2009, 14:08:31 »
Quote from: Lunar
Although fairly accurate, your readings may fall into the trap of missing a mafia member.

Ah, I thought you meant missing an extra mafia member here. Misunderstanding.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2009, 14:46:16 »
Dataflashsabot: not a bad case on Limelemon but didn't comment of the koromi wagon even when it was nearing a lynch.

vote Dataflashsabot

He did say this the first day though:
koromi... personally I think he's okay, he may have just not had anything to say on the matter that other people haven't said. As you point out, I was like that too, so I can understand.

It doesn't mean much, but he could have been trying to make koromi look less suspicious.
He has also been very silent throughout the entire game.
I'm not entirely sure if he is mafia though, so I'm only going to FOS for now.

@Data: Who are you the most suspicious of?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2009, 14:56:24 »
...hm. I'm thinking Lunar_Tick atm. He implied he has a power role as if it were nothing, which makes me think he wasn't scared of repercussions. I'm also suspicious of Budja voting (rather than FOSing) me based on me not commenting on koromi... I guess I'm too biased to objectively say anything there though :/

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2009, 15:47:23 »
According to what happened night 2, we are down to what appears to be a mafia goon and a roleblocker.  As for suspects, I've not a heavy inclination to vote yet, but Kasran, firecat, data, and budja's vote raises me to pay attention to them.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2009, 15:57:19 »
According to what happened night 2, we are down to what appears to be a mafia goon and a roleblocker.
What are you talking about? There is only one mafia player left in the game.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2009, 18:47:14 »
@Limelemon:
What were your reasons on holding your vote back from voting Koromi until the last moment? What eventually moved you to vote?

Well, at first I thought it was a silly idea to just vote a random inactive and all that... you tried to convince me I was wrong, but I wouldn't believe you. Not at first, but after a while I thought "Ok, maybe they are right, since so many say the same thing and stuff..." but I had also given up. I mean, it was 5 votes on koromi and only one more (on me, but I don't care about that 'cause it was just silly), so I just... gave up. When I looked at my previous posts, I realized how stupid it sounded (I understand why I seem suspicious if you look at the D2 posts). It made no sense anymore, so I admitted I was wrong and followed the crowd instead. And this time, it was lucky for the town.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2009, 00:38:02 »
What are you talking about? There is only one mafia player left in the game.
Care to explain why shawnachu died off?
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2009, 03:50:35 »
The mafia killed the SK. Also the first post confirms that their is only one left.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2009, 18:16:15 »
On Dataflashsabot:
...hm. I'm thinking Lunar_Tick atm. He implied he has a power role as if it were nothing, which makes me think he wasn't scared of repercussions.
Your argument, I believe, is baseless.
You accuse me of scumness by the claim of... recklessness? Recklessness is not a scumtell.
I haven't claimed, nor implied, I had a power role. The non-conspiracy-theorist interpretation is, in fact the true one, what irony! :P I was informed N1 that I was targeted by the mafia but did not die. I was obviously protected by the doctor, who thought that I was a townie.

I'm also suspicious of Budja voting (rather than FOSing) me based on me not commenting on koromi...
Even if you give a valid reason from not having anything to do with questioning koromi or doubting him even in the slightest up to now, I don't think you can accuse people who demand answers from the rest of the congregation for being scummy.

On LimeLemon:
followed the crowd instead.

And this time, it was lucky for the town.
Are you implying that you gambled by voting on Koromi, still unsure of his role? Or did you actually change your mind because you believed he was scum?
I think if you, and I quote, "followed the crowd" and voted for Koromi at the last moment still (according to you) unsure of his role, you are very suspicious.
I find it very probable for a panicked mafia, after seeing his partner going down in flames, casting the last vote in an attempt to clear his own name.