Mafia 3 - Town victory

• 302 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2009, 19:25:57 »
Another of the strange anomalies of this forum's Mafia games!
A deadline = putting less pressure on mafia = a hastier, more random lynch = less likely we get anywhere near mafia.
It also means that we completely ignore the fact that 50% of the players are participating nearly not at all in the game.
The reason nothing is getting done is simple: inactivity of this great percentile. You guys, you're just helping the other side.

I would do a whole coverage of the issue, but I couldn't be bothered. I am violently opposed to imposing a deadline, need be I'll propose alternatives. I implore the mod to understand that such actions would only spawn further decline in the standard of Mafia.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2009, 19:33:46 »
I think it is hypocritical for one to say that we are getting nowhere when one has furthered the search for mafia either very slightly or not at all.

I have no idea what Techno thinks about the current situations of the game, let alone Data, Igiari, Firecat or any other of the players (bar Budja, NES and Bored).

How can the town possibly formulate a accurate opinion on all these players if they do not openly express themselves? It is impossible! The town is doomed to selfdestruction when the majority deny to comment!
I don't ask you to comment meticulously on every word every player says (as I do), that is excessive (apparently). But I'd like to know who you thought was scum. I'd like to know if you think NES is a huge arse or just misunderstood or if Bored changes are erratic or if I'm doing some kind of reverse psychology and pulling you all along. I'd just like to know anything. Write a paragraph. That's the point of the game.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2009, 21:14:36 »
Oh please god... come on now people!
Discuss! FOS! Vote! DO SOMETHING!
It feels like this day will never end...

I've already voted and said what I have to say, I'm just waiting for the lynch.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2009, 21:52:26 »
Alright, time to get verbose. I am going to write down my honest opinion on everyone in the game, in the order they are listed in the first post.

- koromi
Early in the game, you overreacted slightly to a random vote on yourself. This was pointed out, and you instantly wanted everyone to stop voting.
This may have been because you wanted a sensible lynch, like you said, or it could have been because you wanted people to look the other way and start thinking about other players instead.
You haven't said anything since page 4 either, which means that you stopped talking as soon as you got rid of our attention.
Likelihood of being mafia: 4/5

- Bored2death
You confuse me. First you started pushing for a lynch on NES because you thought he was doing the same for random votes, then you immediately stopped when everyone started to unvote.
I cant tell if you stopped because you was unsure of your vote on NES, or simply to go with the crowd though.
Another reason for unvoting, is that you are mafia, and your partner is lunar, whom you don't want to disagree with.
That is pretty far fetched though.
Since then, you have been focused on NES, either because you want the bandwagon going again or because you are suspicious of him. There is nothing I can say for sure though, so I'm going to say; Likelihood of being mafia: 3/5

- Budja
You have been keeping a low profile by posting overall agreeable arguments against higher profile people, and by being somewhat inactive.
I don't know what to think actually. If you are mafia, you are very good at it.
I'm going to give you a low likelihood for being mafia, but that doesn't mean much.
You could still be the serial killer, since it would be very much in your interest to find and kill at least one mafia member.
I'm going to wait and see with you though.
Likelihood for being mafia 1/5. Likelihood for being serial killer 3/5

- LimeLemon
Your first post was encouraging random votes, but I guess it shouldn't be taken too seriously. (note the -.-)
You later voted for yourself without explaining why, and then jumped on the NESwagon along with everybody else, without really explaining why.
Budja pointed this out, and you simply stated:
I had nothing to say that not already had been said.
You haven't said anything real since then. Why?
Likelihood of being mafia: 2/5

- Lunar_Tick
I can't quite place you anywhere either.
You have been trying to get the town to play an overall better game of mafia, which is OK. Nothing really suspicious about that.
On the other hand, you have been throwing out half done investigations on a lot of people in your posts.
It seems like you are trying to draw attention away from yourself by continuously pointing the other direction.
Likelihood for being mafia: 1/5

- Dataflashsabot
You begin by randomly voting for NES, you disappear, and then reappear saying something I interpret as "I agree with someone but I don't want to say who."
Likelihood for being mafia, 2/5

- shawnachu
First you say something along the lines of "There really is no intellectual way to vote on the first day."
This was opposed not once, but twice, and you gave up trying to defend your statement in the same post you jumped on the NESwagon with the reason very bad reason "he is defending himself".
This could have been for two reasons.
1: you were convinced that you was wrong, and though NES was likely to be mafia.
2: you realized that you couldn't get people to finish of the first day with a random vote, and saw a bandwagon you could use instead.
The latter is a little bit more likely to me, so I'm going to give you a likelihood for being mafia at 3/5

- Igiari
You haven't said anything, either because you are mafia and don't want anyones attention, or because you forgot you are playing. I know you are here enough to have said at least something by now. (as a matter of fact, you were online today)
Likelihood for being mafia 3/5

- Kasran
The absolute first thing you did was to jump the NESwagon, only to unvote immediately when lunar put forth some reasons to not vote for him.
After that, you descended into inactivity, which you explained by saying that you are bad at arguing and usually get lynched, none of which are very good reasons for staying out of the game.
Likelihood for being mafia: 2/5

- Razzorman
You are an arrogant and ignorant hypocritical moron. Everything you have said so far has been one huge contradictory mess. What is wrong with you?
Seriously. How can you not vote for this guy...? He is so obviously mafia. And the serial killer.
Likelihood for being mafia: 5/5. JK :P

- Firecat
In you only post you refer to the last game of mafia, saying that we need to be careful and not lynch any good roles.
This is not very suspicious in itself, but considering that it's the only thing you have said in the entire game, you could just as well be trying to confuse us all.

- NESgamer190
You are overly paranoid about everything. So much so that I cant help but think you have some kind of important role.
Until just recently, you provided no evidence as to what that role may be, but here you missunderstand lunar, thinking he accused you for being a serial killer, which he really didn't. Could it be that you expected him to come to that conclusion?
I don't think you are very likely to be mafia, but you are all the more likely to be the serial killer.
Likelihood for being mafia 2/5. Likelihood for being serial killer 4/5

- TechnoGeek
You have been semi-inactive throughout the game. You start by Jumping on the NESwagon. Unlike many others though, you kept your vote for NES even after most people had unvoted.
You asked for a time limit just now so we would get the day done. If the time limit is announced, a lot of us are going to vote on the one we feel are the most likely to be mafia. As it is now, it is NES who is going to die if we get a time limit.
So, the reasons for why you suddenly want everyone to throw their votes is either that you want NES to die because he isn't mafia, or that you simply want everyone to get back to the game.

Based on my what I have said, I am going to vote: koromi.

Come on people! Voice your opinions! What do you think about this?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2009, 22:20:16 »
I randomly voted NES, but judging by his overreaction and his further overreaction to the reactions to his overreaction, I now firmly believe he has something to hide. Mafia, SK, I'm not sure, but I doubt a humble Townsperson would behave like this...

I can't figure out why he's been so vocal though- if he was Mafia/SK he would probably try to keep a low profile... unless he's double bluffing?

koromi... personally I think he's okay, he may have just not had anything to say on the matter that other people haven't said. As you point out, I was like that too, so I can understand.

Based on the above, I'm sticking with NESgamer190.

Offline koromi

• ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    • View Profile
    • livejournal
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2009, 01:13:32 »
three things:

You haven't said anything since page 4 either, which means that you stopped talking as soon as you got rid of our attention.

it seems to me that you think i am mafia because i haven't posted since page 4.
i can't be expected to post every page, and it isn't fair to vote for somebody simply because they are inactive.

Early in the game, you overreacted slightly to a random vote on yourself. This was pointed out, and you instantly wanted everyone to stop voting.

i just don't want to be out of a mafia game by the first night. (as is evidenced in previous games)
are you supposed to shrug of a vote, knowing that when you are lynched as a martyr the whole town can see they have lynched one of their own?

though i don't think at this point in the game you can be outed as pushing for a quick lynch, but you should still not pick on someone you thought wasn't going to speak for the rest of the day and therefore wouldn't have anything to defend himself. perhaps razzorman is just pushing for the lynching of me so he can get to the nightkilling?

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:44 »
I second Lunar, a deadline is unnecessary. If you want a quicker day then speak up, if you simply wait it will only take longer.

Quote from: Limelemon
I've already voted and said what I have to say, I'm just waiting for the lynch.
All you have done is agree with the case on NES and place your vote. Hardly much contribution.

Anyone who is saying, "I have nothing to say which has not already been said", is wrong. Your view, even if it is just an agreement/disagreement is important. We need to know you position on these arguement even if you have nothing further to say.

I want everyone to tell me whether they would prefer a NES lynch, an inactive lynch or neither.

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2009, 02:38:36 »
After reading up on Razzor's information, I simply have reached a conclusion at last.
Credit for Razzorman for the opinion.  (Yes, I've read them all.)
- koromi
This may have been because you wanted a sensible lynch, like you said, or it could have been because you wanted people to look the other way and start thinking about other players instead.
Likelihood of being mafia: 4/5
A point well pointed out that I also fell upon by bad mistake.
It is plausible he, not unlike myself, desire a sensible lynch, but then again, a scapegoat is usually utilized day one.
Hmm...  with the lack of activity, the person is likely staying out of dodge of the voting obsessed, something usually seen in general, but to this extent concerns me to think this is a potential candidate of mafia.
Voting verdict:  Koromi, as much as I would like to see you last beyond day one, I've simply to vote Koromi.

The following quote is from the reasoning of Dataflashsabot.
I can't figure out why he's been so vocal though- if he was Mafia/SK he would probably try to keep a low profile... unless he's double bluffing?
A double bluff?  Could you please explain the double bluff, as far as I see, if I were to double bluff, then I'd be bluffing on my bluff of being a power role, and theoretically, am a townie.  A little input would be nice for this form of reverse psychology...
@Budja's Lynch choices:  So far, I'm undecided, but if I am required to give thee an answer now, then let it be an inactive that is hung.  A no lynch on day one almost always is a bad omen in mafia in general, and requesting myself to die would be foolhardy unless I am a jester, which as far as I know is not in this game of mafia, (Anyone unsure of jester, here it is:  The jester wins via getting lynched, but loses if he lives or dies any other way.) which leaves me to a conclusion of inactive lynch.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2009, 11:03:22 »
On the other hand, you have been throwing out half done investigations on a lot of people in your posts.
What do you mean by half done? Comparatively, I think my investigations are at least pretty regular.

I'm more happy with an Igiari lynch rather than a Koromi lynch.
Although Koromi is somewhat scummy (which at this point is high), what if he's town? We'd be losing a half-decent semi-regular player.
Whereas lynching Igiari things are different. Although there is a much slimmer chance of lynching a Mafia, we are completely sure that we don't kill a townie.

I'm between Koromi and Igiari at this point. When I get up I'll fling some poo around.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2009, 11:43:28 »
What do you mean by half done? Comparatively, I think my investigations are at least pretty regular.
I mean that they are just short quotes with captions telling us what you think. You don't always bring up evidence against those you are investigating, you just make them look a little bit suspicious and let it go like that.
Its still very helpful though.

My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2009, 00:31:26 »
Whereas lynching Igiari things are different. Although there is a much slimmer chance of lynching a Mafia, we are completely sure that we don't kill a townie.

...What!? Did you just claim to know 100% for sure that Igiari is anti-tonwie?
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2009, 01:16:24 »

...What!? Did you just claim to know 100% for sure that Igiari is anti-tonwie?
yes, how do you know for sure he's not a townsperson?
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2009, 22:21:30 »
Oops.

Insert "useful" between "a" and "townie".

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2009, 00:10:16 »
Well, I have to agree with Razzorman's assessment of me. Honestly, I suck at this game; and I acknowledge that I made several bad decisions early on.

Really, the only thing I can do is vote based on someone else's assessment, which is jumping on bandwagons and therefore bad. So I'll keep my unvote for the moment.
grao!

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2009, 21:36:37 »
@all, vote Igiari or explain why not.