[Challenge / Very Hard] The Late Dr. Eary

• 13 Replies
[Challenge / Very Hard] The Late Dr. Eary
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:42:27 »
An extremely small level I made. I don't feel like releasing it on the forum's temporary board, so I'm previewing it here. Basically it's about five trickjumps ranging from normal-hard to very hard-lunatic.

Percent done: 99% (knytt.bin compression)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:30:06 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Re: [Trick jump / Very Hard] The Late Dr. Eary
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:45:08 »
If you're not releasing it on the forum, where do we download it when it's done?

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:55:19 »
The name intrigues me  :D
cant wait till it realesed (soon by the look of it)

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:07:32 »
If you're not releasing it on the forum, where do we download it when it's done?
When knyttlevels is finished, I'll put it there.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 07:35:13 »
WHAT!!! You're going to make us wait all that time? You are evil... an evil purple pineapple... is that why it's purple instead of yellow?
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 07:42:56 »
Yeah, some people are waiting to release their levels with the new archive. I don't see why though. Is it really that big of a deal to upload it here, and then on the new archive? Personally I'm not exited for the new archive at all. All it means to me is that we'll get a few levels, and maybe some tilesets, and people will probably comment unconsructive things like "Great level it was fun!" or "Lame." more often. <_< By the way, what's a trickjump?

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 16:00:04 »
Among the features the new level archive will offer are a rating system and a much easier way to sort and find levels. Or something like that. 9_9

Anyway, a trickjump is a level in which the only challenges are (often quite difficult) jumping puzzles; there is no powerup/key collection at all in the level. THey are always labeled Challenge, and usually on the harder side. They are also very easy to speedrun.
grao!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 17:07:52 »
Sorry for offtopic, but this isn't worthwhile starting a new thread for:

What are the EXACT definitions for a Trickjump? I'm wanting to make one myself and I want to make sure it qualifies. Is it okay to have jump powerups as long as you've no choice but to pick them up, etc. And is it okay to have essences of a plot- just along the lines of someone saying cryptic sentences, etc. as long as it has no bearing on the level and can safely be ignored? Just wondering.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 17:33:33 »
In order: no and yes.

I can't remember all the details for trickjumps; it was something LPChip came up with.
grao!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 23:55:42 »
Anyway, a trickjump is a level in which the only challenges are (often quite difficult) jumping puzzles; there is no powerup/key collection at all in the level. THey are always labeled Challenge, and usually on the harder side. They are also very easy to speedrun.
Oh. Is that a trickjump? 'cause my level has power-ups.
Lurk more.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 00:19:43 »
no, LPC said powerups are okay as long as you dont have to go out of your way to get them. I checked the old forum shortly after posting.

Re: [Challenge / Very Hard] The Late Dr. Eary
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 00:45:06 »
Guess I can't call this a trickjump.
Lurk more.

Re: [Challenge / Very Hard] The Late Dr. Eary
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 01:39:41 »
*bump* Level finished. Find it here.
Lurk more.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 06:41:41 »
no, LPC said powerups are okay as long as you dont have to go out of your way to get them. I checked the old forum shortly after posting.

I copied them to this forum just now. For any further questions about trickjump levels, you may consult this topic.
Hopefully, this will clear up any misconceptions anyone has on the definition of trickjump levels.

8)
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell