Attempt at drawing anime

• 75 Replies

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Attempt at drawing anime
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2009, 16:08:58 »
Woah! did I draw this?
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline Hempuli

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 18:20:40 »
I find it a terrible calamity for the mankind that people want to draw manga. I always find it a bit weird to copy someone else's style and not look for your own. Especially when there are also people who think manga as "a way of making ugly drawings seem reasonable" (not that this would be happening here, referring to some things at DA). :( But I guess that can't be helped, so go on. I hope drawing "anime" will teach you things you can use later on to create your own distinct style. Sorry for the rant-like post; draw as much as possible and whatever you want, but in the end, try to search for your own way of drawing!

Evil: I fear that this may come out as ranty-sounding or useless or evil or something like that, but indeed, in drawing the most important thing is just to draw constantly and as often as possible, just to make yourself better at it. People that have got a good grasp of drawing/painting may draw/paint very cool characters/scenes even without knowing anatomy or perspective or such. The examples you've shown here don't really show how well you've got hang on drawing (they look nice, but they're quite simplistic) so it isn't easy to say anything about what to do next or how the pictures actually look. I think it might be best to just draw a lot in different styles instead of trying to start using a special style, it'd be a very good way to learn eye for design.

Didriking: You seem to have somewhat of hold of the face, apart from the eyes - the sketches look fine. I suggest you start next learning some more body anatomy; when drawing full characters, it comes in really handy. Also you might enjoy trying a bit more natural and smaller eyes? They're currently quite big compared to the other face.

EDIT: Oh, and looks like the definition of "what's anime & manga" was argued and then described rather well. Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 19:13:42 by Hempuli »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 12:25:36 »
/\Hmmm... anyway, on a brighter note....
Spoiler: My MANGA (click to show/hide)
Kudos to whoever knows who the character is. Hint: Osamu Tezuka
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:27 »
Here's another one from me, there are some mature references in this so I made a warning. I like this one a lot too!
Also if you are Mature, what do you think?
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 10:59:22 »
... Its OK...
Try drawing it by hand nextime...
(Advice from a NOOB tho!)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 13:27:26 »
Here's another one from me, there are some mature references in this so I made a warning. I like this one a lot too!
Mature? 13+ max. Some echii never hurts. XD
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 19:13:24 »
It's...scary, honestly.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 19:27:11 »
No. :|
Draw it by hand, learn to use layers, learn coloring and human proportions, and don't draw 'mature' stuff. (even doing that actually is more immature than anything)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Hempuli

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 21:00:34 »
Agreed. It's a great way to not learn anything by trying to do things you're not yet capable to pull out.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 21:05:13 »
Photobucket took it down. I want to know what it was!
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 22:45:29 »
It was in my browser's cache, (obligatory warning) here it is. (hopefully imageshack is fine with it 9_9)

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2009, 01:31:24 »
*facepalm* Why must all low-res art be jpegs?
Lurk more.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2009, 02:00:56 »
Why the lines are so bad? I made this with a DS homebrew program called Phidias  it's good but it's quite hard drawing the lines with a stylus.

Also I made a animated version of my previous ones, this one is suitable for everyone!

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 22:00:42 »
*facepalm* Why must all low-res art be jpegs?

Cause jpegs are all low-res.  Use png!  :P2
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 22:29:40 by TheoX »
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 06:53:56 »
Now look how good it is!