Is there going to be a WaDF sequel?

• 4 Replies
Is there going to be a WaDF sequel?
« on: May 25, 2009, 13:30:03 »
I loved Within a Deep Forest so much, so I was wondering if there was going to be a sequel.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Is there going to be a WaDF sequel?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 14:01:11 »
If you look at the main forum page, you'll see an "Abandoned Projects" section. To quote its description, "Discuss anything related to the abandoned games WaDF2, DIS, Goble & PWiW". Nifflas started work on a WaDF2, but abandoned it long before it was finished. You can download the beta, but it only has four levels and no sound (although there's also a putative soundtrack). (Though it does have a new set of ball materials.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 14:05:13 by googoogjoob »
good bye

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 14:05:12 »
And ontop of that, if there ever will be a sequal other than this, thats unsure. I think that if Nifflas goes for a game like this, he'll use a new concept.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 23:11:03 »
If you get the software MMF2 (it's not free), the source is also available somewhere on this website. If someone could download that and translate it from the original Swedish, they might be able to make an unofficial WaDF2. But it's unlikely for someone to do that.

I do remember a while ago someone was doing that, but then that person got banned.
grao!

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 00:00:53 »
Additionally, it would lack the bit of magic that Nifflas puts into his creations.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!