[V1.0a] Knytt Stories DS

• 235 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [V1.0] Knytt Stories DS
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2010, 05:09:00 »
Holding the jump key down is supposed to increase the jump height and width, increase acceleration in updrafts, and lengthen gliding distance. I wonder if some of these effects weren't implemented.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2010, 09:44:13 »
hopefully there is something that i or you can do about it ;)

Will take a look at it.

Holding the jump key down is supposed to increase the jump height and width, increase acceleration in updrafts, and lengthen gliding distance. I wonder if some of these effects weren't implemented.

That one is actually the source of certain problems  ;) .

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2010, 04:24:22 »

And the fact that I can't get any further on "A Knytt In Time". D:
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2010, 19:21:30 »

And the fact that I can't get any further on "A Knytt In Time". D:

I am fixing that right now... don't despair! Still, if you *really* want to end "A knytt in time", you can copy the save of the DS and play on the PC, and viceversa.

Offline jubei

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:45 »
another issue: in "Gorfinhofin - The Storm's Coming" there is a spot (around X=995,Y=1017) where you have to glide with your umbrella through some switching lasers. (no chance to manipulate because no double-jump or climbing ability available there.) while in the windows-version the timing is perfect, on the ds you always hit the laser.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2010, 00:44:10 »
All game-breaking issues (The great race, gaia, a knytt in time, The Storm's Coming) have been solved. Tomorrow night, at Spanish time, will upload the v1.0a to the website.

(On the meantime, this is the nightly build  ;) ).

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: [V1.0a] Knytt Stories DS
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2010, 13:25:35 »
Thanks! A Knytt in Time works fine for me. However, the bug about the Double Jump after an updraft is still there; it's not that bad, though, as there are very few levels relying on that kind of jump (I only remember a couple, and they're very old).

P.S: after looking at the code, I couldn't figure out what's wrong; it's probably a call to _ds_juni_change() with the 'reset' flag set (ds_juni.c, line 64), since any other function that resets ds_global_juni.inDblJump seems ok.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 14:17:46 by AA »
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2010, 23:53:59 »
P.S: after looking at the code, I couldn't figure out what's wrong; it's probably a call to _ds_juni_change() with the 'reset' flag set (ds_juni.c, line 64), since any other function that resets ds_global_juni.inDblJump seems ok.

You are actually right, and the problem is located in the "reset" flag (Thanks!). Sometimes it is embarrassing to look back and see how bad some design decisions were  :oops:

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Update: OK, v1.0a updated  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 00:25:28 by rrc2soft »

Offline Antikythera

• The Great Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2010, 18:04:00 »
So, so thankful to this. Have a  :hiddenstar:. I have no idea what they do but other people did it so why not.

However there really is one crucial feature that's definitely missing: a restart feature. I don't think the importance of it can be overstated. It's not a huge deal, no, but I use it on almost every level I play. I always want to explore as much as possible, to I usually try to go the "wrong" way when I come to a fork first. I think the best way to do it would be to move map switching to select, and to put a pause menu on start with Restart, Quit to Menu, and maybe something like Music On/Off.

Really great work. My old broken fat gray DS is finally getting some use again. =]
Menagerie - 25%
Skyline Spires - 5%
A Golden Hymn - 0%

The Great Machine, Antikythera, which grinds the blood of men into history.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2010, 21:37:20 »
So, so thankful to this. Have a  :hiddenstar:. I have no idea what they do but other people did it so why not.
They do nothing. It's just for fun. C)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2010, 23:13:21 »

Thanks! As Razzorman said, it is just for fun  C)

However there really is one crucial feature that's definitely missing: a restart feature. I don't think the importance of it can be overstated. It's not a huge deal, no, but I use it on almost every level I play. I always want to explore as much as possible, to I usually try to go the "wrong" way when I come to a fork first. I think the best way to do it would be to move map switching to select, and to put a pause menu on start with Restart, Quit to Menu, and maybe something like Music On/Off.

I actually did not implement that because I wanted the "go back to main menu" process to be soft and seamless. Anyway, will think on something (besides, there are a couple of bugs that someday I will need to solve  X-P )