• 49 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental][Easy] Fear V2.1...
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 10:06:09 »
Bank 254, KSA.
It looks like a back square. The white one does the same thing, but in white
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 05:58:54 »
Why?
Lurk more.

Offline Puppiie

• I <3 Knytt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 23:32:34 »
Love the 3d  :) overall I loved the level  ;)

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 00:21:39 »
I just recced this level over in the League of Crap Players thread, but in case you didn't see it, I wanted to put my feedback here, too:
Despite what others have said -- and despite the low likelihood of actual death, coupled with reasonably-placed savepoints -- I absolutely found this level spooky even at its least-scary points. The striking "2.5-d" visual effect, combined with the use of tilesets, default and custom objects, ambient sound and music all worked to create a feeling of trepidation, almost anxiety. Very unusual for an otherwise exploration-focussed level. The only other level (playable by us Crap Players) I can think of that achieves a similarly fear-evocative atmosphere is Dessgeega's 'Torchlight'.

I enjoyed the heck out of this level, with goosebumps all the way. And I'm usually not a fan of 'scary' things like the horror genres of literature and film. I found this level deeply absorbing, though, to the point that I felt compelled to play through to the end -- including checking and then re-checking every room's every nook and cranny -- while my dinner cooled mostly-untouched beside the computer.

The alleged issue with the grass being behind Juni and the stuff hanging from above seeming to be in front of it wasn't an issue to me at all; it just seemed like a natural function of the 2.5-d stylisation. The stark black and white was a good choice, though I do find myself wondering if the same effect could be achieved with colour, even in a limited, perhaps two-colour, palette. Hopefully the negative feedback you received when you released the initial version of the level hasn't discouraged you (or others) from trying to do another 2.5-d level someday.

Oh, by the way, I only played the level in KS 1.2.1, not KSA... do you think I should install KSA for the full effect?

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 10:51:38 »
Whoa, back from the dead C)p
Personally, I would suggest KSA (But that is personal). Thanks for the on LoCP, btw. I am not currently working on another 2.5d spooky/whatever level, but I might yet :]

See atached pic for WHY you should play it in KSA
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot