[Environmental][Easy] Fear V2.1...

• 49 Replies

4a

Re: [Environmental][Easy] Fear...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 18:22:29 »
@Ghost head & Googoobjoob: the pit where you which you die if you hit the bottom is to simulate KSA's death-by-falling.

Honestly have to wonder why you'd want to simulate that. 9_9

I do like the 2.5 effect, though I wish there were more variety. It's just... bland.

(Incidentally, I only remember seeing 2.5D in KS done once before, and not as well or as consistently as here. So, the technical achievement is great on its own.)

What other level was it done in?

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 18:48:22 »
I remember a user calling himself Pip did some castle tilesets in "2d-and-a-bit"-style, and made the demo level that I attached for non-linking purpose. X)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 19:21:40 »
(Incidentally, I only remember seeing 2.5D in KS done once before, and not as well or as consistently as here. So, the technical achievement is great on its own.)
What other level was it done in?

Planet M143, by MNM. (It's not very good, but the [unfortunately very short] 2.5D section is a highlight.)

Pip's stuff is really neat but it's more like 2.25D than 2.5D, since it doesn't really give as much impression of depth the way an isometric dealy does.
good bye

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 03:42:09 »
What is KSAdvanced?

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 03:56:16 »
What is KSAdvanced?
It's a Knytt stories mod.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 04:00:37 »
Has anyone made a 1d ks level?

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:39 »
That would be impossible, as something that has only one dimension cannot be seen (because it is simply a hypothetical singular point in space(I was studying dimensions in science today lol))

Edit: my bad, i was thinking of 0D

@@ special_d - Seriously, get KSAdvanced, its worth it. (and it makes the lower sections of my level slightly spookier...)(this goes to everyone looking at my post)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:58:57 by a clockwork lemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 14:02:31 »
Damage from falling is a bad idea. Which are the pits that kill you and which are the shafts that you can climb up and down in? It's just not the right game for it. And it looks stupid to boot when you die by touching the bottom of the screen.

Also, yes you can make a 1D KS level. There would only be lateral movement. There would be no jumping or climbing. If I were making it, it would be kind of like the oubliette I suppose but with all of those traps in a straight line rather than a winding catacomb.

Offline Liex

• Mega Flan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 23:03:10 »
 i met 4 or 5 wall swims last night  :crazy:

Offline TheSquashedOrange

• Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 03:53:07 »
Great work on the 3-D effects in this one, but there are alot of very irritating things about this one, WHY DO YOU HAVE A GRUDGE AGAINST SAVE POINTS??? :nuts:
Similar to portable time warp is the fact that cheery music is playing throughout the whole level. It drove me crazy, crazy, I was crazy once, they locked me in the cupboard, I liked it there, I died there, they buried me in the garden. They planted three flowers, two grew up, one grew down. It tickled my nose, it drove me crazy, crazy, crazy, I was crazy once, they locked me in the cupboard...Erm...Yeah... :huh:

Anyway, try to make it a little bit more varied as well, the 3-D is cool, but it kinda got a little dull after a while...I'll hang onto it, but I muted the music the instant it looped lol. X)

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 06:46:20 »
Dang. Everyone found all the bugs I spotted.
I remember a user calling himself Pip did some castle tilesets in "2d-and-a-bit"-style, and made the demo level that I attached for non-linking purpose. X)

When you said that spoiler, I was expecting something more fancy. Like with shifts.
Lurk more.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 20:10:51 »
For those who are complaining about the lack of savepoints in KSA actually there are some (Normal KS cant detect color Savepoints as white savepoints and cant show some of the blood rain there  :moody: <_<)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

4a

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 20:17:59 »
For those who are complaining about the lack of savepoints in KSA actually there are some (Normal KS cant detect color Savepoints as white savepoints and cant show some of the blood rain there  :moody: <_<)
In that case, this
You can play in in either KS or KSAdvanced, the only difference being that in KSA some of the areas have the darkness effect.
should probably be added to a bit.

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 03:56:38 »
For those who are complaining about the lack of savepoints in KSA actually there are some (Normal KS cant detect color Savepoints as white savepoints and cant show some of the blood rain there  :moody: <_<)
Grrrrrr. Could've mentioned that.
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 09:40:26 »
Soz i only just realised

Ill put KS whit savepoints under the red ones so the KS users can still save
Ill fix the music as well
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot