Dandelion's tilesets and gradients

• 18 Replies

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Dandelion's tilesets and gradients
« on: May 24, 2009, 06:25:09 »
I'll be posting all my KS tilesets in this thread. If this isn't the right place to put them, please move it.
I know the KS archive will likely have something like this, but for now it won't do any harm to post a few tilesets here will it? So far I have 2 tilesets I'm ready to show, but some others are on the way. I just made these for fun, and they aren't very good compared to some other tilesets, but they're useable. You may use or edit them for anything as long as you credit me.

The first tileset is House in the hollow tree. If you use it along with Tileset 139, Paula's "World with lotsa color" you can make shadows. A screenshot example.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
There are a few flaws, like how I forgot to add a door for the inside, but IMO it's ok. Also, it's signed Pearl because I didn't have my account or username at the time I made it, and used my first name instead.

Another tileset! This time it's a remix of Nifflas' "Flower garden". It gets remixed a lot, but I haven't seen a remix like this before. I use MS paint, so the gradient is just a solid block of black. Oh well. And DON'T tell me not to use Mspaint. A lot of topics get ruined by suggestions to use other programs, and Mspaint is my favorite thing to use.
Screenshot:

I made another tileset! A good one this time! X) I noticed a wasteland tileset was missing. There are plenty of tilesets you could use for a wasteland but I can't really find any with a wasteland theme in mind. So here's my wasteland tileset! Enjoy! Tilesets tend to look better in the game, so I made this screen up really quickly. It's certainly not the extent of what can be done with this tileset, but it helps you get a sense of what it looks like in a level.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:45:54 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: My tilesets
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:34:44 »
In the second tileset, the big black box that's supposed to be the ground. The white-ish gray color contrasts too much.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:03:25 »
What do you mean? The mountain color? I like it that way, on the origanal it's hard to see the background flowers against them. Or do you mean the color on the stripes? I like that too. If it was darker it would be hard to see.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:14 »
Nice tileset. Is it free to the public, with the understanding that we need to credit you?
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 06:57:57 »
Glad you liked it! Yes, this is free to use or edit as long as I'm given credit. And I would appreciate it if you were to make a remix if you would credit yourself as well as me.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:00:04 »
Alright! Will definitely consider using these in future levels... now, what standard tileset to take out???

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:03:29 »
now, what standard tileset to take out???
Tileset 0! X-P I'm so glad someone liked these! I figured no one would.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 06:13:10 »
Finally, a new tileset! It's beta, but still. I noticed that someone on the old forum requested a dwarf cave like LotR, and that sounded cool to me. I know pretty much nothing about LotR, so this tileset isn't inspired by it, but it is a dwarf cavern. I just started on it tonight, and ideas are welcome. I would urge you not to use it until it is done, however.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 07:31:22 »
I noticed that someone on the old forum requested a dwarf cave like LotR
Me! \o/
And I'm sorry to say it, but that isn't very dwarvish :/
I'll get you a picture of the sort of thing I want.

Here's the sort of stuff it should contain. Lots of pillars, you know, and really spacious.
The pillars should be easy enough, a couple of end bits and a middle bit. But I don't really like the shape of the pillars there. This next picture shows kind of how the mines look in the movie:
All squarish, you see? So, yeah, if you'd like to take another crack that would be great, but if not, that's perfectly fine. Thank you for your time X-P

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 07:44:22 »
That would be really awesome... when's it coming out??????

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 08:46:57 »
I noticed that someone on the old forum requested a dwarf cave like LotR
Me! \o/
And I'm sorry to say it, but that isn't very dwarvish :/
I'll get you a picture of the sort of thing I want.

Here's the sort of stuff it should contain. Lots of pillars, you know, and really spacious.
The pillars should be easy enough, a couple of end bits and a middle bit. But I don't really like the shape of the pillars there. This next picture shows kind of how the mines look in the movie:
All squarish, you see? So, yeah, if you'd like to take another crack that would be great, but if not, that's perfectly fine. Thank you for your time X-P

:ohnoes: Aw, I thought I was doing it right. Sorry, but I'm not really taking your request. I had an image in my mind of what a cave with dwarves would look like, so that's what I made. Your request did give me inspiration for this tileset however.

That would be really awesome... when's it coming out??????

The tileset? When it's done. You can use it now if you want though.

EDIT: I made some more stuff.

Changelog:
  • Added lots of different dwarves. (the green one looks like Link. X))
  • Added more furniture and background for the inside. You can now make a respectable house. the small candle is for the table.
  • Added a torch. The torch and the candles both work with the flame object.
  • Added grass or something for the ceiling and more glowing flowers. You can't see the flowers very well on this background because they glow white, however.
  • Added gems you can put inside the wall. I'm not really happy with these, but I'm not sure how I could make them better.
  • Replaced some tiles that didn't work right with slopes. I also made grass for the slopes.
  • Added iron/silver to the previously empty minecart.
  • Added roots that can go all the way from the ceiling to the floor.

Any ideas on what else I could add? What would be useful in a tileset like this?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:03:34 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 22:22:34 »
I hate to bump, but I'm desperate for ideas. I'm totally stumped as to what I could add. I REALLY want to finish this tileset! :(

Changelog:
  • Improved the awful gemstones.
  • Added chairs. Oops, I plan to do that...
  • Made a dwarf with a pickaxe. Wait I already did that. :oops:
    Oh, and changed the topic title to distinguish this topic from the many tileset topics that have popped up.

EDIT: Ive made some gradients, so I might as well post a few. I have a forest and an early dawn one. Once again anyone may use or edit any of these as long as I am credited. I would love some feedback! :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:41:05 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Re: Dandelion's tilesets and gradients
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 05:49:00 »
*Revives topic with a Phoenix down*
I made a new tileset. :D Check the first post.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 06:02:19 »
Wondrous, epic win.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 06:06:38 »
Thanks! :) I'm close to finishing another tileset too.

Check out my tilesets!