Board request

• 60 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Re: Board request
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 04:38:50 »
...Maybe if its off this website... (goes and checks it out)... ok I'm in... hope this forum stays strong, though.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

4a

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 19:53:28 »
The off-topic forum looks... boring. I realize this is probably due to the fact that it is so new and not much can go on there yet, but it might as well just be its own forum for random chatting or something.
Honestly I don't know why going off-topic should matter so much.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 20:03:18 by 4a »

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:41 »
It hasn't had any new posts at all for a while...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 02:49:23 »
Honestly, I don't see why an off-topic forum would be that successful. Most users just don't want to register for yet another forum. Also, to me it seems that a forum without a clear topic is bound to die after a while.

It just seems to me that #niffchat (or some other IRC channel) would be better suited for off-topic stuff. It would require less maintenance than a forum would.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 02:55:25 »
Honestly, I don't see why an off-topic forum would be that successful. Most users just don't want to register for yet another forum. Also, to me it seems that a forum without a clear topic is bound to die after a while.

It just seems to me that #niffchat (or some other IRC channel) would be better suited for off-topic stuff. It would require less maintenance than a forum would.

but then I cant enjoy the nifflas site to its full potential  :(

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 03:01:32 »
Maybe it's just me, but the "full potential" of Nifflas's forum is for his games, and for creativity-related stuff such as music, art, etc.
I really don't see why everyone wants an off-topic board so much. It would distract from the main point of this place (I guess the arcade is starting to do this as well).
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 13:25:35 »
Maybe it's just me, but the "full potential" of Nifflas's forum is for his games, and for creativity-related stuff such as music, art, etc.
I really don't see why everyone wants an off-topic board so much. It would distract from the main point of this place (I guess the arcade is starting to do this as well).

What main point? This is a support forum, Nifflas created it for support. What difference would an off-topic forum make, people who need help would still get it. But this forum have many active users, this is a living forum and many hang out here because its a fun comunity. So a off-topic forum would make it an even better community.

And I don't see why everyone don't want an off-topic forum. You say that we don't need it. If everyone was thinking like that there wouldn't be any off-topic forums on the internet. An off-topic forum isn't required bit its still fun.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 19:04:59 »
I don't say that we don't need it, I say that we can't have it because it will damage the forum, like it happened in the past.

This is what happened last time:
In the beginning it was nice, then people started to have weird uninteresting subjects (for the more mature members, staff included). The staff stopped looking in the forums. Things got out of control, and the staff didn't fixed it because they never came anymore. People started to complain. Staff investigated, took some actions, but it didn't helped. Staff had a meeting. Staff removed off-topic forum, and replaced it by a shoutbox. The shoutbox has been replaced by the IRC channel because its better moderated and allows more communication options, as its realtime.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 03:11:00 »
Then its the staff's fault...
What were the weird and uninteresting subjects?  :huh:
Well, if its weird, then it HAS to be interesting...

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 10:32:28 »

Blaming it on us to get yer forum ey? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. Discussions were like: is grass green in your garden too?

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 17:58:03 »

Blaming it on us to get yer forum ey? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. Discussions were like: is grass green in your garden too?
seriously? XD
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 18:18:04 »
If the mods stopped bothering to even visit it, then it must have been a lost cause. X-P There are plenty of places for random stuff, and I really doubt random junk would be much better if discussed here. On a side note did someone really ask that about grass? XD Because that's hilarious.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 19:12:02 »
Well grass HAS to be green....

DX

I guess no off topic forum D:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 20:31:01 »
Yes, it really was a subject. Along with things like comparing to completelly different video games and discuss that...

MODPlug Central Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 02:46:27 »
grass can be yellow..