Board request

• 60 Replies

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Board request
« on: May 19, 2009, 07:52:49 »
Hey Nifflards and Nifflarses.
Wouldn't it be fun with a board where we could talk about anything. A general board.
I want one, I'm sure LPChip would be nice enough to add a general board.
Are you that nice LPChip?

:)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Board request
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:16:43 »
I guess I'm not...

The sole reason is because of something that happened in the past. We had an off-topic forum and things went way out of control. It came to a certain point where the staff wasn't even looking in that forum anymore and more than 50% of the activity was there. It was so bad that the focus of gaming was gone completelly.

I'm not against an off-topic forum, but on this forum it simply has been proven to not work. I cannot set rules to define what you can or cannot talk about because thats too extensive. My post rulespost alone would need more letters than one post's maximum can handle, and I don't think reading that would be that fun either.

I've tried some kind of off-topic forum by adding the debates forum, and although that went very nice, people just stopped responding there. Some requested to add a debates board back, but when I asked for a new topic to discuss no one responded, meaning that its more a question of wanting something to just have it, rather than wanting something because its necessary.

EDIT: But don't forget, the off-topic place still exists. Its called #niffchat!
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 23:21:41 »
I cannot set rules to define what you can or cannot talk about because thats too extensive.

Talk about anything! Music, animals, food, celebarties.. anything  :D
Only rules is not to talk about anything ilegal like drugs and murdering.

I got banned from there for saying something.  <_<

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 01:28:33 »

I got banned from there for saying something.  <_<
Which is why you now want another place to get banned from? Remember there are like three users on here at a time and 20 on #niffchat.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:29 »
I'm not going to make a forum for any kind of chatter because it really got out of control once. I'm not willing to let that happen again!

If you were banned from #NiffChat and want to be unbanned, send me a PM explaining your case with date and time and why you think its a good thing to unban you. I'll then take it up with J and either unban you or give you a new set of terms to agree upon so I can get you banned.

Don't forget: irritating people will make them irritate you. This is something that ALWAYS applies in life.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 23:32:35 »
Having a forum isnt the same as Niffchat, and I dont miss Niffchat either.
And you cant disscus anything at Niffchat without everyone says something
stupid about it and they dont want to talk about it.

Edit:
Ok, forget about this request then...

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 08:48:24 »
Whatever you said, chances are you might let something similar slip out in the general board (if we ever got one, but there are reasons that we don't have it, good reasons), and then what? Anyway, I don't think a general board would be a good idea because some people will get caught up in the general board and stop working on fun Knytt Stories levels (I'd probably be guilty of that). Plus, I have a few other reasons a general board would not work, but I'm not going to bore you to death with them (it has happened to me, and it is not fun, see name?).
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 01:45:59 »
Whatever you said, chances are you might let something similar slip out in the general board (if we ever got one, but there are reasons that we don't have it, good reasons), and then what? Anyway, I don't think a general board would be a good idea because some people will get caught up in the general board and stop working on fun Knytt Stories levels (I'd probably be guilty of that). Plus, I have a few other reasons a general board would not work, but I'm not going to bore you to death with them (it has happened to me, and it is not fun, see name?).
i agree with that.  i've seen gen. discussion boards on other forums and they seem to attract away from the forum's main purpose.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 15:27:08 »
I could set up an unofficial off-topic board on my site. Would anyone be interested? (I know another forum where this worked okay- not as popular as if the forum was official but it wasn't exactly a disaster and it kept off-topicness away for the most part)

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 17:46:58 »
There is no good reason why we shouldnt have a general forum. I think LPChip has something agenst me or he is just lazy.

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 18:02:14 »
...LPChip already stated his reason for not having the board a few posts up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 18:03:48 by chipset »
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 20:45:13 »
Here we go!

THE UNOFFICIAL NIFFLAS OFF-TOPIC FORUM

Also known as Unofficial_Niffla. Hope to see you there!

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 20:51:21 »
As far as I can tell, that forum is for going offtopic with no rules to say what ontopic is, and it has nothing to do with Nifflas.
Lurk more.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 21:20:27 »
As far as I can tell, that forum is for going offtopic with no rules to say what ontopic is
Right.
and it has nothing to do with Nifflas.
Wrong. It's very much intended for the Nifflas community. Basically, it's to be used as an off-topic forum here would be.

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 23:48:06 »
I reckon it's because everyone is bored now.

There hasn't been many updates...