Achievements userbars

• 23 Replies

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Achievements userbars
« on: February 28, 2009, 22:48:19 »
When LPChip and Jace stated working on the Dynamic Achievements project, I also started developing a different solution to replace the signature icons. I made a little flash application that allows you to create userbars with your achievements and scores.

Download link here.

In comparison to the DynAch, my program is far less user-friendly and practical. After setting your image, you actually have to take a screenshot of the program, cut the actual userbar using an image editor and then upload it to an image host. However, I wouldn't be posting it here if there were no pros:
 - The achievements and scores are game-sensitive. Instead of using the same pattern with all the games, like DynAch does, on my application, each game is treated uniquely and there is a well defined meaning for every single icon and every single score.
 - The images you create are a lot more colorful and shiny and you have lots of customization options.

How to use the program

The application is pretty self-explanatory. You can turn the icons on/off by clicking them and enter your scores. Click the HELP button on the bottom right corner of the screen and then point to the icons to know what each of them means. Click the button again to go back to editing mode.

For the background, I took 30 pictures of several places from the games (see if you can recognize where they all came from!), but you can also make your own linear gradient. (You can pick one of the 8 preset colors or type the hex code for whichever you want and then press OK.)

You can toggle on/off GLARE, GLOW and STRIPES, select the thickness of the userbar outline and pick either black or white for the scores text so that they contrast against the background.

To save you the work of turning on all your achievements and writing all your scores again everytime you want a new image, you can generate a code with all that information and save it somewhere (like a text file) so that next time you just have to paste it and load it and voilá. Your achievements are back. Same thing for your display settings.

When you are done with your pic, take a screenshot of the program (Alt + Prt Sc), paste it on an image editor (Paint, Photoshop...), cut the userbar, save it (preferably as a .png) and upload it to an image host (like ImageShack). Then, use use the [ img ] tag on the forum to put it on your signature. (You may want to use spoiler tags).

Example of the outcome:

Hope you enjoy it!

PS: I am not trying to compete with LPChip/Jace or anything! I'm just giving you this other option, also because I thought it would be a pity to not even show this to the community, considering the time it took me some months ago. Again, this is not meant to compete with DynAch, but to complement it. ;)

UPDATE 16.05.2009
The program now includes "The Mushroom Engine" game.
The achievement codes from the previous version can be conveted for this new one by multiplying the number before the dot by two and leaving the rest of the string intact.
For the settings codes there is backwards compatibility.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 23:09:57 by PONTO »

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
Re: Achievements userbars
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 17:21:08 »
Ooh, shiny. :3
grao!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 00:33:01 »
Too bad nobody's using this... xD

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 00:37:36 »
once I get it off of my usb stick and onto my computer I will play around with this ponto.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 14:57:02 »
Any way to extract the backgrounds ?   :O

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 17:00:24 »
When you are done with your pic, take a screenshot of the program (Alt + Prt Sc), paste it on an image editor (Paint, Photoshop...), cut the userbar, save it (preferably as a .png) and upload it to an image host (like ImageShack). Then, use use the [ img ] tag on the forum to put it on your signature. (You may want to use spoiler tags).
o__  o

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 21:19:56 »

No not that. I meant the background for the userbar. I dont want those icon thingies on top of the background.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 03:02:21 »

No not that. I meant the background for the userbar. I dont want those icon thingies on top of the background.
You mean tranparent background?
Lurk more.

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:33:50 »
I think Evil means to have the backdrop without the icons.
o__  o

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:54:50 »
Yes, I misread it.
Evil, you could just find those screens in the actual games.
Lurk more.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 01:25:07 »
YAY! Purple Pineapple is using it! :nuts:

I suppose one person besides me is enough to make the whole thing worth it. :) (But hey, the more, the merrier. ;))

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 01:28:38 »
Im using it :)

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 01:41:17 »
Tsk tsk. jpeg... Sorry.

I'm gonna try to spoiler tag it again.
Lurk more.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 16:17:36 »
Im using it :)

As Purple Pineapple said, the image will look a lot better if you save it as a .png file, instead of .jpeg. ;)
I think I'm gonna add that to the first post...

EDIT: Nevermind... I had already done that... xD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 16:19:20 by PONTO »

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:19:24 »
well yeah, I know that, but wisdom-soft screenhunter free doesn't support .png extensions. :/