Beta levels/ unfinished levels?

• 9 Replies

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Beta levels/ unfinished levels?
« on: May 17, 2009, 19:19:50 »
If I wanted to post a beta level, or a level I gave up on and isn't quite finished, where would that go?
And if there isn't a place.. Could you guys make one?    :huh: (questioning face)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 19:26:06 by Dj Gopher »

Re: Beta levels/ unfinished levels?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 19:25:54 »
1. Search.
2. Wrong forum.
3. Why not just ask for beta testers on the IRC?

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 19:27:46 »
Search for.. a forum?  <_<

Well, I guess thats fine, but it'd be a lot better if you could post it somewhere for future comments..

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 19:39:02 »
Search for.. a forum?  <_<

Well, I guess thats fine, but it'd be a lot better if you could post it somewhere for future comments..

i think he means google  :)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 19:45:48 »
Moved this.

Basically, we do not allow beta levels/unfinished levels on the forum, but you can upload them to the levelarchive (knyttlevels.com) and tell people about it using irc,email, msn, pm etc...

If you finished a level and it has been tested before, I don't mind seeing it in the released maps section of this forum.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 19:47:57 »
...W-whuzza? I meant search the forum for the many mentions of this before.

There is no beta forum. There is a preview forum, where you can post some screenshots and stuff, and a released, complete levels forum. No nearly-finished, beta forum. Ask in #niffchat if anyone wants to test your level, or ask in a preview thread and PM them.

FAKEEDITCAUSELPCPOSTEDWHILEIWASTYPING: What LPC said.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 23:55:11 »
Basically, we do not allow beta levels/unfinished levels on the forum, but you can upload them to the levelarchive (knyttlevels.com) and tell people about it using irc,email, msn, pm etc...
So you would prefer that people clutter the archive with unfinished levels then make a thread for them? I think we need a sub-forum for beta levels. I also don't see why we can't post a preview of our level on the preview board. I don't mean a beta, I mean a section of the level. IMO it would be better then just allowing screenshots.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:16:08 »
Once the archive is done, beta levels are also allowed, but people tend to post one level like 15 times because each new version is slightly better than the previous one. I just want to stop that because generally that has been giving a mess on the old forum.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 17:02:14 »
I know that we'll have a place for pretty much everything once the archive is done, but who knows how long that will take? I'm talking about a temporary solution until that happens. And people are posting levels many times with minor improvements on the archive too, just in a more disorganized fashion. Often, when people post betas on the archive they aren't named as such, so I download expecting a full level and get a beta, or worse an incredibly short preview. I think it would be better if people could post betas on the forum so people download them expecting a beta.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 18:08:57 »
Why don't you try, say, finishing your levels.  If you need beta testers, ask on niffchat, or just PM some people.  Put something in your signature, even.

If you just want to post your unfinished level, frankly, that's a bit silly.