[challenge] Paradise Last

• 18 Replies
Re: [challenge] Paradise Last
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 06:58:09 »
jpeg generally makes the graphics look blurry and less crisp. Just unappealing to the eye.

SGE is something that looks bad in level. When you spot an SGE, it distracts from the spendor of the level.
Lurk more.

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 09:22:03 »
SGE is something that looks bad in level...
Not really - you can have a really poorly designed and ugly level, but it might not actually contain any SGEs. Then again, an SGE might improve the visuals. Like the 'deliberate SGE' mentioned here - Johnny was clearly going for a layered waterfall effect and I think it works well, but clearly there are some who think it looks like an SGE. It's a matter of opinion.

Anyway, this level is great. I wish Johnny would return and polish it up a bit. Also, as far as I remember, wasn't there an impassable bit in the tower in Lost Vegas? I had to fiddle in the editor to get around it, I think...

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 21:59:28 »
Would look more layered if there were two waterfalls in different banks there.
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 00:25:02 »
as far as I remember, wasn't there an impassable bit in the tower in Lost Vegas? I had to fiddle in the editor to get around it, I think...
Nope, but it is a bit confusing to get through. I just found the people who give you the high-jump, and the level is awsome so far.

Check out my tilesets!