fl studio.....

• 5 Replies

Offline Evil

• View Profile
fl studio.....
« on: May 12, 2009, 00:06:43 »
Are the loops on fruity loops royalty free..because I heard on the news a guy almost got arrested for using it (i think...)

I tried a search engine called google, and nothing popped up D:<

Re: fl studio.....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 00:28:36 »
Strange. Well, free drum loops aren't TOO difficult to find, so you can play it safe. On the other hand, you can probably process the loops to an extent that they aren't easily recognizable as stock fruity-loops loops.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 00:39:15 »
Actually, in the 8.5 beta Image-Line removed the loops altogether so it shouldn't be a problem if you use that.

In general, I like to stay clear of FL's included samples anyway, with some exceptions.
grao!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:37:39 »
I believe Soulja Boy made most of an album using FL Studio's default samples. I don't know whether or not he/the record company had to pay royalties to anyone, though.
good bye

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:58:46 »
I believe Soulja Boy made most of an album using FL Studio's default samples. I don't know whether or not he/the record company had to pay royalties to anyone, though.
AFAIK only the loops were not royalty-free. Also, Soulja Boy sucks; let's forget about him for a moment.
grao!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23:34 »
If you read the disclaimer that comes with FL Studio, you'll notice that the samples included in Fruity Loops (and thus, the loops) can only be used inside FL Studio. If you make a song with it, that can be used. Raw samples is a no-no.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex