[Paint.net] I need some help ! (transprencey)

• 6 Replies
[Paint.net] I need some help ! (transprencey)
« on: May 05, 2009, 11:43:47 »
either im just a noob or i have forgotten
say you were making a tileset in paint.net and when you have finished making it you have to get rid of the blue tiles so it is transparent in the editor.
well when i select something that i want to delete i delete it, but when i use it in the editor it is black where i just deleted it.

is there some other way that is used to make it transperent? or am i just doing it all wrong?  :P2

thanks

Kind regards Strange Darkness

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • Esper - A webcomic based on Espernet
Re: [Paint.net] I need some help ! (transprencey)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 22:22:34 »
Try using RGB 255,0,255 (magenta) on the to-be-transparent areas. The editor treats that color as transparent.

I think (any one who knows otherwise, feel free to correct me) the problem is that PDN saves transparency with the value 0,0,0, which can be treated as both black and transparent by certain programs. The KSEditor just sees it as black.
- Nifflas
:hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: - Chironex
:hiddenstar: - The Old Nifflas' Forum Community for my userbars
:hiddenstar: - Halflight
:hiddenstar: - BloxMaster
:hiddenstar: - Aquatic Liger

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:09:31 »
That's wierd, doesn't happen to me. But it may be that when your saving it, the settings here are messed up. Make sure they look like this. Otherwise, use Sabata's suggestion.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:52:12 »
It's because they are being saved as 8-bit. You should try to save them as 33-bit, or use auto detect like Dj Gopher suggested, but that is not always guaranteed to save your images with a higher bit depth than 8.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:02:19 »
thanks for the help guys  C)
the magenta made it transperent on what i wanted but...
"fully transperent tiles were dectected"  :crazy: (also i did what dj gopher said)
now i dont want anything to stuff up so can some one help with that ?  XD
i have found if i add something onto it like just one pixel it doesnt happen but is there a way to do it without that?

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 13:11:13 »
Don't make any tile except the top-left one transparent.
If you'll look at the default tilesets, you'll see that some of them have squiggles or whatever where there are unused tiles; these are called filler tiles.
grao!