Knytt Stories Advanced (KS Mod)

• 121 Replies

Offline BlackM.1

• View Profile
Re: Knytt Stories Advanced (KS Mod)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 21:27:42 »
This is reall good :) Though I really have to disagree with the death from falling, to me it's just not KS without Juni's strange ability to survive large drops. other than that this is really good :)

EDIT: Also the red screen affect feels a bit gory, Though it was a nice touch for Doden Vantar :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 21:38:38 by BlackM.1 »

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 21:34:04 »
Don't worry, you will have that off by default in the next versions. Only certain levels will use it. :)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 09:39:04 »
ARRRRGGGH! STUPID! wtf when i set it upand tried to play stuff, everything was white except the objects!!!!! wtf??????

EDIT: ignore the above post... i just realised i forgot to copy over the tilesets etc... my bad.
BRILLIANT... i love it, well done!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 18:53:13 »
Hey, this thing its very good, but you should post a help with, the INI stuff, i dont know how to put timed/subtitled cutscenes and color changes.

And also this this thing could be A-S-W-O-M-E if you put some thing of gravity atracttion and the oposite(kind like a blackhole and a white hole) :nuts:.i dont think it its posible btw.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 00:29:54 »
Is there a tutorial for this anywhere?

Oh.
How do I make a level using these new features?
A guide will made soon.
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 09:04:34 »
Could someone PM me how to use the timer please?
Pretty please with cherries on top? C)p
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:08:42 by a clockwork lemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 17:14:39 »
The timer does not yet work, you'll have to wait for later releases for that one m'friend!

Also, I will post some of the stuff I know:

Code: [Select]
One 'Scene###.ini' file for each picture/scene you want to have automation on.

Ones without an .ini will be normal.

[0-1]  -Seconds into the 'scene' each 'scene' is a picture. Scene = Picture, remember that.

GotoScene=  -Switch to which picture/scene?

PlaySound= -Starts to play specific sound

StopSound=1 -stops sound.

ShowBar= (1 shows the Bar, 0 hides it.)

SetText= Add text here, the stuff you want visible.

TextColor(R)= (0-255)
TextColor(G)= (0-255)    (aka your decimal color codes)
TextColor(B)= (0-255)

SO!  If I wanted to make a scene with subtitles, it would go a little something like this:

1. I would make my picture for the scene and name it Scene1.png

2. I make a Scene1.ini and think about what I want in my cutscene.  I also need to think if more than one scene will be needed or not, if I do need more than one, which I will demonstrate, I will name it, Scene2.png and make another INI, so Scene2.ini.

3. I figure out that I dont want the bar to be shown, I've figured out where each person is talking and where another person begins talking, I also have some music I want to be played and placed this music in the cutscene's folder and named it Sound1.ogg, I also know I want my color for my text to be neon green.

4. Now for the code:

Code: [Select]

[0-0]
ShowBar=0
PlaySound=1

[0-1]
SetText=EarthBound015: Hello, I am talking, so, HAH!
TextColor(R)=131
TextColor(G)=245
TextColor(B)=44
[0-3]
SetText=BloxMaster: And I am also talking, but longer than you!
TextColor(R)=131
TextColor(G)=245
TextColor(B)=44
[0-6]
SetText=EarthBound015: Only by a second -_-
TextColor(R)=131
TextColor(G)=245
TextColor(B)=44
[0-10]
GoToScene=2

Now, you will do the same stuff in Scene2.ini as you did in Scene1.ini, but different text of course.  If you need anymore help, let me know and I will make a tutorial level.  :D

Teeeheee

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 11:15:21 »
Oooh, Neat.

I do too disagree with the death-by-failling, but since that will be optional sooner or later... It's all good X)
-place holder-

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 04:34:09 »
Just fyi, death by falling is easily avoided if you have double jump or umbrella. You can also get lucky and land safely perhaps half the time, so...
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 07:15:39 »
I as well disagree with the death by falling, because some KS levels depend on being able to fall far distances, and taking that out would make them impossible (without the cheat). I do have a suggestion, however. Perhaps you could put an object in the system bank which makes only certain blocks include death by falling? Just a thought...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 01:33:38 »
Don't worry, you will have that off by default in the next versions. Only certain levels will use it. :)
Lurk more.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 21:16:39 »
I'm working on a level using this editor and so far it looks awesmoe :P2 but for people just starting out with it could use a description of each object it was very confusing  :/

also something to add would be a way to set KSA as default test .exe (not sure how to word it XD) so when you test out levels that KSA opens instead of KS(default)

very nice by the way love the rain object  :O

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 04:35:06 »
All you gotta do is rename KSA to KnyttStories and it will open up in your editor.
Teeeheee

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 05:19:01 »
Has anybody else noticed a problem in which, after using tileset A, you switch to tileset B and it still copies over everything from tileset A, even though what you appear to be clicking is tileset B? Note: I am using Looki's version, may be an important detail. In addition, your rain limit is way to high... my computer practically froze with the effort of raining... nice effect, though!

Edit: only appears to happen if you include the transparent tile in a mass selection of tiles...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:26:28 by Bored2death »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 19:01:43 »
Has anybody else noticed a problem in which, after using tileset A, you switch to tileset B and it still copies over everything from tileset A, even though what you appear to be clicking is tileset B? Note: I am using Looki's version, may be an important detail. In addition, your rain limit is way to high... my computer practically froze with the effort of raining... nice effect, though!

Edit: only appears to happen if you include the transparent tile in a mass selection of tiles...

I'm sure the first part is due to the editor itself, I've never had any problem like that with Niff's editor.  The rain thing, you dont have to put the rain tiles all the way across the screen, you should put no more than 4 or 5 on a screen.  One of the Super Rain tiles will create rain all over the screen.
Teeeheee