• 18 Replies

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Knytt Stories: Ideas for Collectable Items
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 16:17:39 »
They look really nice.
Both have reduced speed.
For me the speed of the 2 on the left seems right. Ones on the right are way too slow.
Maybe animations of parts of yellow artifact should overlap a little. I mean the top part could start going down when the bottom part has almost finished the cycle.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 15:30:58 »
I've posted green and blue artifacts in the opening post. I'm highly skeptical that the green one will make the final cut. I'm not coming up with ideas for new artifacts easily. I want them to all have the same basic size and behavior, but I'm struggling to think of Ideas for different ways to do it. And then there's the colors. I want to make one for each key color ; red, yellow, blue, and purple. I'm sure I'll make a green one, but then what? Black & white? Orange? I don't know.

My mod is now fully programmed to handle artifacts. All that's missing are the graphics. Oh and, I've been thinking of adding new pick-up sounds to differentiate collectible pickups from power-up pickups. One sound for coins, and one for artifacts and golden creatures. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 16:32:38 »
colours? no problem, you already have r, g and b, as well as y. only ones that are missing are obviously c, m and k. :P
I was thinking of stacking bricks as one possible animation. like a pyramid that lifts as a whole and then "rains" down brick by brick/layer by layer. and maybe something like pixely snakes reaching all slithery upwards? Hard to explain, but I'm at work and not a real pixel animator either. Might try later when I'm back home again. :P2
and for sounds, just a "blip" would do.  X-P
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 16:34:40 by Miss Paula »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:21 »
colours? no problem, you already have r, g and b, as well as y. only ones that are missing are obviously c, m and k. :P
I've thought of doing the RGB color wheel, but the purple key puts KS in a RYB color wheel. I'd like there to be artifacts that match each key. An orange one would finish out the wheel leaving me one more color to pick. If I was adding 8 artifacts then I'd make black and white, but as it is I'll have to choose one or go with something completely different. Maybe I should increase to 8 artifacts.

...pixely snakes reaching all slithery upwards? Hard to explain, but I'm at work and not a real pixel animator either. Might try later when I'm back home again. :P2
Really no idea what you mean there Miss Paula, but thanks for taking the time to reply during your busy work day. :)

Edit: 5Feb2012: I've made all 7 shapes now, but there's still one that I'm not happy with. On the colors, I've decided to drop orange, so I can include black and white. I may still change my mind after attempting to make a black one. Black with black borders probably wont work.

Edit: 5Feb2012 again: I wasn't happy with black or white. In the end I went with magenta and cyan. There's a bit of tweaking to do, but for the most part they are complete. I've posted a .gif containing all 7 animations in the opening post for public scrutiny. Thanks for everyone's thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:00:35 by egomassive »