[KS+][Hard/Very Hard][Large][Adventure] Tree of Life

• 22 Replies

Offline nojdemo2

• View Profile
Re: [KS+][Hard/Very Hard][Large][Adventure] Tree of Life
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 11:30:14 »
Minor update on the "x985y1168 signs are blank" bug.

To the left of that screen is a void (I returned with the green orb).
Out of interest I tried entering from the other direction (via the Magma Tunnels) and I end up in same screen but at x985y1163, which appears to put me back in Firebog 'easy mode'

Offline nojdemo2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2024, 11:34:21 »
I have no clue what this confusion is about the bed, I figured it out without a second thought :P2

I got caught out by the zapper/flag thing too. I struggle with first thoughts, never mind second ones  :P

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2024, 01:56:13 »
Minor update on the "x985y1168 signs are blank" bug.

To the left of that screen is a void (I returned with the green orb).
Out of interest I tried entering from the other direction (via the Magma Tunnels) and I end up in same screen but at x985y1163, which appears to put me back in Firebog 'easy mode'

Thanks I spotted this and fixed it already. :)

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2024, 16:33:29 »
I have a feeling I just broke the level. I chose to use the feature you unlock with the purple key, but fell into the void early on, which seems to have sent me back to the actual beginning of the game, progression-wise. This video shows it all happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiNiBbPzZvk

Edit: Upon watching the video footage, I think I figured out what went wrong. You probably assumed it was impossible to go to the left from here without the climb powerup, didn't you? Well, it isn't. That's where it I fell into the void.

Edit 2: After restoring a backup save and making sure not to fall into the void again, I managed to complete what appears to be the entire level, safe for two leaves. This new mode has a blank sign. And this other screen suddenly started having a mechanical ambiance track that I assume is a bug. It seems to have only started playing on my return trip from the Firebog Temple.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 18:51:06 by kilicool64 »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2024, 00:58:23 »
I have a feeling I just broke the level. I chose to use the feature you unlock with the purple key, but fell into the void early on, which seems to have sent me back to the actual beginning of the game, progression-wise. This video shows it all happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiNiBbPzZvk

Edit: Upon watching the video footage, I think I figured out what went wrong. You probably assumed it was impossible to go to the left from here without the climb powerup, didn't you? Well, it isn't. That's where it I fell into the void.

Yeah I thought it was impossible. I tried for a long time but couldn't do it so I assumed.

Edit 2: After restoring a backup save and making sure not to fall into the void again, I managed to complete what appears to be the entire level, safe for two leaves. This new mode has a blank sign. And this other screen suddenly started having a mechanical ambiance track that I assume is a bug. It seems to have only started playing on my return trip from the Firebog Temple.

Yeah there's something weird going on with ambience and music tracks. When I edit a screen the ambience or music will sometimes change without me actually adjusting it myself.

Thanks for the info! :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 01:38:55 by Purple Ink »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2024, 02:17:43 »
Alright, thanks for the bug reports. I'm pretty sure I've fixed them all as well as making a few small adjustments. Please redownload the level for the best experience. :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2024, 00:08:27 »
I'm really enjoying this level, but I've run into a bug.
Exiting left from x997y1099 sends me x996y1099, it's an endless loop that wont let me leave the village and go to the temple grounds.
Exiting right from x997y1099 sends me to x998y1099 from which I fall into x998y1097.
I have all the powerups except the purple key and the hologram.

ETA: I bypassed the village loop by taking another route to the temple grounds. The problem in the village is still there when you possess the hologram.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 00:35:13 by egomassive »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2024, 02:08:42 »
Not sure how that went undiscovered for so long. It is now fixed. Download links have been updated.