Gray Chamber [KS+] [Challenge] [Large] [Hard / Very Hard / Lunatic]

• 6 Replies

Offline Aradiant

• Creativity is only limited by ability
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT UPDATE!
The final polished version of this level is finally here! I would like to give major credits and thanks to Anton Ergo and Gliperal for making the issues of the beta version clear to me. I have fixed many of those, aswell as rather confusing design choices and detours that could result in progress loss.

Hello everyone! I am a somewhat new member in this community, but!
I have this level that I have been working on from what is January of 2021, according to old files. I've had several breaks, with my final one ending in spring / summer of 2023. So, be aware that this level might be a bit messy.

But, aside from that, it should be a pretty alright challenging experience in a sinister atmosphere. My best guess for describing Gray Chamber's difficulty more accurately would be a good comparison with Dark Sea 2 at moments, as it did influence my work a lot after I had beat it, and to be honest, I did not even have plans for this level to be lunatic in the first place! It is also quite lengthy, with about 750 screens last time I checked, and when you also consider the level's difficulty, it becomes even lengthier. So do keep that in mind, I guess. :Р

Some previews:

So... what are you waiting for?
Download (Dropbox): Gray Chamber.knytt.bin
Download (knyttlevels): Gray Chamber.knytt.bin

(Requires KS+)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:20:28 by Aradiant »

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: Gray Chamber [Challenge] [Large] [Hard / Very Hard / Lunatic]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 23:53:17 »
Neat. I'll give this a play when I can.

Just a note, though. It appears this level requires KS+, but that wasn't mentioned anywhere in your forum post. Might want to add that information. I tried installing it on standard KS first.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Aradiant

• View Profile
Re: Gray Chamber [KS+] [Challenge] [Large] [Hard / Very Hard / Lunatic]
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 01:55:10 »
Oops, my bad. I forgot that KS+ isn't the only KS that exists, silly me. Fixed that.

Offline Alen13ASC

• Big fan of Knytt stories, also a MCU fan too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 18:45:53 »

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 06:30:46 »
So, I've just finished my first playthrough, and got to what I assume is the bad ending.

I might try again for a better ending at some point, but I don't think I've ever beaten a KS level as hard as that one. :p Hopefully the other path(s) aren't quite as harrowing.

Overall, I think the level and the challenges were very well designed, but man does the level earn its 'Lunatic' rating.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Aradiant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 07:22:19 »
Ah, good to know you finished it! Even though the difficulty was insanely ramped up at certain points (I was definitely hit with a load of inspiration from Dark Sea 2's clever challenge design and execution when making those), I hope you still enjoyed the experience. <3

For the different route, it's an entirely different path. The length of it is similar to the main route, however, it's packed with even more lunatic challenges. If you hit a roadblock there, don't hesitate to Ctrl + Shift + C. Good luck! ;)

Offline fabiche

• I love 2D games :-D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 10:00:02 »
I like the exploration levels but I also like the challenge levels. This one is calling me :-) next one !