Chamber of Trials or Underwater Adventure?

• 11 Replies

Offline special_d

• View Profile
Chamber of Trials or Underwater Adventure?
« on: May 02, 2009, 20:38:29 »
Which do you prefer?

Re: Chamber of Trials or Underwater Adventure?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 20:59:31 »
What on earth is Chamber Of Trials? AUW was always my favorite Nifflas level, so that I guess.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 21:24:11 »
Chamber of Trials was by Fredulom, wasn't it?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 21:47:26 »
It's part of the third party extension pack which is supposedly made by beta testers. Correct, it's not by Nifflas and it does sound like that person made it, going by memory.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:12:43 »
When KS was first released: Chamber of Trials
Now: Definately Underwater Adventure
Lurk more.

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:04:04 »
I like both a lot, but probably Chamber of Trials (yes it's by Fredulom) i like the most.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 15:56:31 »
Chamber of trials! ;)
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 23:00:43 »
I liked both of them a lot, but if I really had to choose I would choose An Underwater Adventure. The music really made it for me, I think.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 21:13:07 »
I didn't like Chamber of Trials at all.  The puzzles were either illogical, very easy, or downright odd.  The graphical side of it was terrible and there was little actual gameplay to speak of.  I found the custom music was poorly chosen as well.
Honestly I didn't like any of the levels in the third party pack; I suppose that since they were made in such small timeframes by inexperienced authors, and KS was in its infancy, you can't really expect them to be that good.  (Of course, even today, the vast majority of levels pale terribly in comparison to the official levels.  And those days when every month or so would be graced with such a fabulous work as The Life Ruby or A Walk At Night seem to be long gone.  Oh man, you guys remember Demon Contract?  I'm still hoping to see that one.  I think my favorite screenshot was the one with the waterfall.  I tried to draw a waterfall for this new level I'm making, but I didn't do very well.  I'm going to have to try again.  Waterfalls are hard to draw.  Almost as bad as trees.  Man, I hate drawing trees.  I can't stand it.  You know that tileset that was nothing but about five large, detailed trees?  I wish I could draw trees like that.)

On the other hand, Underwater Adventure remains one of my all-time favorite levels.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 23:21:09 »
Chamber of Trials
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 23:48:59 »
I think my favorite screenshot was the one with the waterfall.  I tried to draw a waterfall for this new level I'm making, but I didn't do very well.  I'm going to have to try again.  Waterfalls are hard to draw.  Almost as bad as trees.  Man, I hate drawing trees.  I can't stand it.  You know that tileset that was nothing but about five large, detailed trees?  I wish I could draw trees like that.)

You went way off-topic there. Waterfalls and tress are easy to draw. Waterfalls are like water but as a stick and it is fat and blue mostly. And it has water in it and it have water under it where it ends and water where it falls at the begining. That should help you to draw a waterfall.

And to draw a tree... No. Its not hard. Figure it out yourself.