« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2023, 15:52:06 »
Insanely good use of Wwods.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge][Normal][KS] Whitebow Island
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2023, 19:34:08 »
Oooooh nice. Especially the second screen!

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2023, 22:36:48 »
@Lucinda, thank you! I've neer noticed that typo so it took me a while to figure out what you meant :p
@Hmpf: Thank you  :)

Sunday update!
I've been feeling a bit bogged down with the weather in Sweden lately. It's very dark now and hard to get motivated to do something creative like this. So progress has been incredibly slow, and I realized this week it's also partly because I lack direction. I only had loose ideas on how I wanted things to look, so I went back to the drawing board to design some new areas with concrete examples, and I've come up with how I want almost the entire rest of the level to look. I still have to design two more areas, but it's nice to feel some motivation again.

Attaching one of the mockups of a new area. Not sure if I'll post too many screenshots from these areas as they are a little more late game, but I have a hard time stopping myself  :P2
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2023, 05:36:10 »
The background for that is perfect.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2023, 14:01:52 »
Really nice! And two tilesets that (IMO) are fairly hard to use interestingly, too!

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2024, 22:30:22 »
Thank you! :)

Quick update: I haven't made much progress since last update but I keep thinking about the level. I don't really believe in new year's resolutions but I really want to complete the level this year, preferably early this year.
There are a few reasons why I haven't made as much progress as I want to, the main one I believe is the gloomy winter we have here. But I think another reason might be about making updates in this thread. Somehow I feel like I put more pressure on myself by wanting to show the progress I've made. So I think I won't update this thread too much anymore, but we'll see.
The last few days I managed to sit in front of the editor a couple of hours redesigning an earlier area. I seem to be finding the joy in level design again, and the days are getting brighter from now on  8)

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2024, 21:28:50 »
Managed to keep myself from posting screenshots for 4 months, but I felt the need to update again :)

So the reason I wanted to get this level done early this year is that I'm having a second child, a son, by the end of April. Not sure how much time I can spend on the level after that.
However that ambition got shot in the foot when the reality of having a very pregnant fiancée and a 3yo at home started to set in.

Over the winter I planned exactly how I wanted everything to look and divided the work in 11 roughly equal areas. Of those I have now finished 2 ½ and I struggle to find any time at all now.

Still I remain hopeful, it feels quite close and I think about the level a lot. I know I'll finish it but I have no idea when. Have to prioritize.

Attaching screenshots of the areas I've been working on. I've debated with myself if I should share any more, but it's just way more fun to share and have you along on the journey.  C)

Note on the map: not all areas are playable, the row at the top and the connected screens are just test screens.

Offline Lucinda

• Projectors for eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2024, 06:32:32 »
Great to hear that you have another cutie pie on the way. I totally understand that all your time has been vaporized, but I hope you can still slowly continue on the level or even release a demo <3 Congratulations again
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2024, 18:40:40 »
Lovely screenshots. Congratulations on new baby.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2024, 03:13:51 »
Congratulations on the family stuff! Kids are a lot of work but it can be so rewarding. I wish you the best. :) Also, I think everyone here is willing to wait for the level so take your time. "A rushed game...."

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2024, 08:59:25 »
Glad to hear this is still being worked on. Part of the joy of this hobby is setting your own pace!

I also share congratulations on your baby and also engagement!

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2024, 14:59:13 »
Thank you all  <3
@Lucinda: I've toyed with the idea of a demo, but it's a very open world type level. Maybe if I close off some parts but it's difficult to know where. I'll think more about it  :)