[Hard][Challenge][KS+] Speed Man's World

• 6 Replies
[Hard][Challenge][KS+] Speed Man's World
« on: October 08, 2021, 16:38:42 »

So uh... this... is a level, i guess. I made it as a tribute to DonDoli and his Twitch channel, and as such, it contains a fair bit of jokes about stuff from his streams. This is also my largest and most ambitious level to date, so it's probably still worth playing if you aren't up to speed on all the speed man references.

You play as a golden creature who was left uncollected in DonDoli's speedruns one too many times and decides to get revenge. To do so, it must somehow escape the confines of the KS level it's in, and venture into the world DonDoli inhabits. The speed man's world, if you will.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Download
You can also watch Don's playthrough of it here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 12:01:05 by StraightFlame »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Re: [Hard][Challenge][KS+] Speed Man's World
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 17:25:39 »
I don't follow DonDoli's channel, so many of the jokes went over my head but this level is fun to play anyway. It took me a while to figure the first part out (I somehow missed the Deep Freeze). I reached only the peaceful solution ending, so I will definitely play it again.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 20:42:28 »
Oh, uh... there's only one ending. The "good ending" text is a non-DonDoli-specific meme i expected everyone to get.

I guess having "good ending" in huge letters at the only ending might've not been the best decision.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 20:49:55 »
It is a bit misleading (and a bit disappointing). I'll replay it anyway though.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 04:35:14 »
I'm mad because I'm using coloured text to highlight things in Tree of Life and now it looks like I'm copying you. >(

Seriously though, great level! I didn't get all of the references but, then again, I don't watch Don every time he streams so I've missed plenty. There was definitely a lot of work and polish put into this level for it being a meme. I also really liked the "quest chain" concept. Really well executed.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 00:39:41 »
Solid level! I think even those who don't know DonDoli or his jokes will still find it quite enjoyable.

Spoiler: The Great (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Not so Great (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 15:02:48 by pfrangip »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 23:23:59 »
Very nice level!

Oh, uh... there's only one ending. The "good ending" text is a non-DonDoli-specific meme i expected everyone to get.

I guess having "good ending" in huge letters at the only ending might've not been the best decision.
Never seen that meme before. But yeah, that was a major bait.