How to start using Knytt Plus editor?

• 6 Replies
How to start using Knytt Plus editor?
« on: June 07, 2021, 17:42:05 »
Hey all, I've decided to start making a new map on Knytt Plus and everything seems to be working with the new UI, however in the editor some options are missing in the script reference such as the new triggers, dialogue options and other script-related things. Am I missing something?
Twist the rules, go where nobody has gone before.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: How to start using Knytt Plus editor?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 23:46:08 »
Hey, I assume you're referring to Knytt Stories Plus? In this case, you need to make sure your level is set to Format 4 - in your script, look for the following at the top:

[World]
Name=
Author=
Description=
Category A=
Category B=
Difficulty A=
Difficulty B=
Difficulty C=
Size=
Format=4 - Set this to '4'!

That tells the editor that it's dealing with a KS+ level, and so it activates the extra features, as well as blocking it from running on vanilla KS.

You should also make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of the KS+ editor from egomassive's website and are using that instead of the default editor, though it sounds like you're already doing that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:12:40 by Talps »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 19:19:53 »
What Talps said about the format is correct. In addition to that, you may want to start a new level with the Level Editor Plus and choose the KS+ option over the Original KS option. This will create a default level with special info.png and info+.png images as well as adding all the different folders needed for custom assets. You can then copy the things you need to the level you've been working on.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 02:00:26 »
Thanks guys, this helped me a lot!

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 02:48:01 »
Does anyone have all the Knytt spritesheets? I don't know how to extract them from the source code and I want to make skins for some pre-existing enemies!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 16:29:53 »
egomassive.com/ks+/Templates.zip
I seem to have left out this link the last time I updated the KS+ home page. It has sprite sheets for many objects, but it is hardly comprehensive. For the other objects you can find all of the sprites in the KSDS port of the game.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 02:56:35 »
That is great, thanks!
For future reference, if anyone else needs the link to Knytt DS port, it can be found here.
http://www.rodrigoroman.com/rrc2soft/nds_dsknytt.html