What superpower would you choose?

• 6 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
What superpower would you choose?
« on: May 22, 2021, 16:53:44 »
Here's an interesting forumgame I think, that will spark some creativity.
Before posting, please read this post carefully. Failure to do so will mean that your post is removed.

Now, we've all seen the superhero movies and cartoons. Most of them get really strong superpowers that mean that they have to have an opposing force to balance it. They are strong, so the opposition needs to be strong too, kind of thing.
This topic is not about those.

What if... What if you could have a superpower, that gives you an ability that very little people have normally, but that is not so strong that people would want to kill you for it because you could do harm to them, or give you such advantage that others would become jealous.

For example, making any object of gold so you can sell the gold is too powerful, but making any non-living opbject you touch of wood would be acceptable because wood is cheap by itself, and there's no gain.

Rules: you come up with a new super power that has not been posted in this topic before. If someone else comes up with something you want too, just think of something else, don't post a "me too" reply. You can add comments in italics in your posts and there you can put a me too comment. Just make sure you post a super power you would love to own that is not so strong that it would unbalance todays earth.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: What superpower would you choose?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 16:57:39 »
I'll start to give people an idea.

I wish I had a super power, that at any given moment, I could sort of freeze time, then daydream about what I experienced and see everything I saw very detailed. I can't move, its just that at any point I can recall the last minute of what I saw in extreme detail.

For example, I drive my car and in the blink of an eye, I see a pretty girl, but given that I am driving a vehicle, I can't pay attention. I use my ability and now I can clearly see her in my mind. The balance is that although I can clearly see things, I cannot retain information. So seeing a wall of text, I can't actually remember what it said (thus no speed reading)

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 19:35:59 »
I've often wished I could do electronic word searches on physical books. Sometimes I just can't find what I'm looking for even with a table of contents and an index.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 22:39:37 »
I wish I could see things outside of the visual spectrum, such as infra red, maybe even radio waves and stuff, but only if I wanted to. To balance the power, I would still need regular light even though infra red itself would emit light by itself.

I've often wished I could do electronic word searches on physical books. Sometimes I just can't find what I'm looking for even with a table of contents and an index.
Interesting, so your super power would be: Touch a book and if you think of anything that is in the book, you get a really strong feeling it would be on page with number x. If you go to that page, you indeed find that to be true!

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 19:48:09 »
The ability to diagnose and supernaturally repair small electrical faults, like the broken connection in my car radio's aux port, and whatever is causing my friend's PC to cut out randomly.

I couldn't diffuse the bomb, but at least I could make sure the LED countdown was working properly.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 19:55:15 by LPChip »

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 19:54:34 »
I wish I had the superpower to turn on/off any of my senses at will, where off equals still allowing it but so little that its as good as being off.

Choosing that I don't want to see, choosing that I don't want to hear, choosing that I don't want to feel, etc. Turning the senses off will obviously not protect me against the source, but can make an otherwise unbearable situation bearable. In a room that is super bright, I could turn off vision. Not being able to see, but not required to close my eyes and still be affected by the brightness. Neighbours that are loud during the night, I turn off sound and sleep peacefully. Having an injury on my arm, turn off pain for the moment.

@Polana, That is actually a massive superpower. Being able to leave a message to past you is similar to being able to predict the future. Knowing what will happen and adjusting it is so fundamentally altering that you could predict the lottery numbers and get a huge sum of money. You see what the lottery tickets for today were, then leave a note to past-self with those numbers and voila, you win big sum of money.

So in fairness of the spirit of this topic, I'm deleting your post. Feel free to repost an altered version that adds a huge constraint to stop it from predicting the future, etc...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 20:00:31 by LPChip »

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 04:07:55 »
You guys all have great ideas. Mine is lame. C)p

I want to be able to change my hair colour and length at will. No need to visit the salon for hours just to dye my hair. No spending money on a haircut either. Plus I could do any style I want!