Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
[Environmental/Playground] [Easy] [Small] Lamp Flower Garden
« on: February 02, 2021, 22:41:55 »

[ Download page at GT ]

[ Mirror ] (file size: ~1.5MB)

This is a very small environmental/playground KS level I made for the Knytt of the Month Klub #13 event at Glorious Trainwrecks. It's a very short one, although if you're one of those players who enjoys checking every nook and cranny for secrets, it'll probably last you for at least 30 minutes or so, as there is quite a lot of hidden content here to be found.

It's a vanilla KS level, but you can also play it in Knytt Stories Plus to enable bonus collectibles. These don't unlock any extra content, but they are shiny and therefore you totally need to gather all 100 of them :hiddenstar:
Some KS levels by me:

Re: [Environmental/Playground] [Easy] [Small] Lamp Flower Garden
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 20:29:10 »
Good level. Thank you.
I only found 99 bonus collectibles out of 100. Are you sure there are 100 of them?
Аnd by the way I'm sure I've seen this level before. Only it was darker, and it seems to be a secret level inside another level. But I'm not sure.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 23:44:11 »
Good level. Thank you.
I only found 99 bonus collectibles out of 100. Are you sure there are 100 of them?
Аnd by the way I'm sure I've seen this level before. Only it was darker, and it seems to be a secret level inside another level. But I'm not sure.

Having played it myself, I can confirm there are indeed 100 collectibles.

Was a rather decent level. Obviously tiny in scope, but what's there looks and sounds nice, and is fun to play.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 14:06:27 »
Thanks for the feedback guys!  It is indeed a very short level. I was thinking of posting it on my Short/Experimental levels thread since it's so short (it was made in about 4-5 days or so), but I felt that thread's better suited for my unconventional/weird stuff.

Yep, all 100 items should be in there (I confirmed this with a quick test playthrough right before I released the level). However, just as it so happens with pretty much every level featuring a big number of collectibles, it's very easy to skip just one or two and then have a hard time finding whatever you missed :/ It's usually the ones that are kinda hard to see (e.g. placed over a light orb) or the ones that are in plain sight but can't be collected when you first notice them because you don't have the necessary abilities yet.

Hmm... I don't think so, at least not from my own levels. It should be completely new stuff... unless I have inadvertedly plagiarized someone else's creation, which I really hope is not the case here :S 

Some KS levels by me:

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 15:56:58 »
Beautiful little playground level!

I did indeed find all 100 collectibles on my first playthrough, but roughly 75 of those I ran into without even seeing them first.  C)p

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 19:17:08 »
Beuatiful, especially the last part with the white lake. I found only 97 collectibles, but they are sometimes hard to see among the other shiny stuff. Nevermind, at least I have reason to play it again.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 22:23:25 »
I would like to complain that the "30 minute gameplay to look in every nook and cranny" is false advertisement as I spent less than half of what was expected. I guess I slowly am gathering a veggie mind.

Very good as always, there's one issue with one of the secrets because of how the detection works but the entry is clearly made more visible on purpose so kudos to that.  :)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 04:57:32 »
Absolutely gorgeous level! Some of the collectibles were hard to see but I did find all of them. Took me forever to find the red key, though.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 12:31:29 »
So great! It feels like a sequel to Exploring the Golden Land!