By the Road of Dreams (by Deni & Dima STDN) [Hard, Medium, Challenge]

• 12 Replies

Offline Mitorun

• Web Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Knytt Stories fan website
(Authors of this game – Deni & Dima STDN)

Download level "By the Road of Dreams"
http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Deni%20%26%20Dima%20STDN%20-%20By%20the%20Road%20of%20Dreams.knytt.bin

Continuation of Juni's story in an unusual place called the Past. Coming home becomes a difficult task. This time she found herself in the loop of her own dreams. Help Juni end his nightmares and continue on his way home.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:49:27 by Mitorun »

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: By the Road of Dreams [Hard, Medium, Challenge]
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 20:35:54 »
Is this your level, or are you posting it on behalf of the authors? Did you get permission to post this?

Offline Mitorun

• Web Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 21:30:32 »
Is this your level, or are you posting it on behalf of the authors? Did you get permission to post this?

The authors of the level are "Deni & Dima STDN", I just posted the level at the request of "Dima STDN".

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 22:00:39 »
I enjoyed this level quite a bit! It's an unexpected pleasure! I wrote a full review for it, which will be posted the next time I update my "Challenge Levels" review. I'll post a shortened version here.

Spoiler: Good (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bad (click to show/hide)

I really hope to see more from the authors!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 00:26:33 by pfrangip »

Offline Mitorun

• Web Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 22:59:49 »
Очень добротный уровень, особенно понравилось оформление локаций и музыка со звуками. Дома, город и, особенно, стройка – имеют тот баланс между проработанностью и "мультяшностью", который хотелось бы видеть в уровнях KS. Испытания (что я считаю самым важным) достаточно интересны, но это не сильнейшая сторона.

Если будет проводиться работа по улучшению уровня, то вот идеи и пожелания:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 23:02:30 by Mitorun »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 16:21:00 »
I loved it. I haven't played any levels by Deni or Dima STDN before, but I will look for the rest. Mitorun, can you tell us why Dima STDN remade this level and if there are plans for the rest of Deni's series?

Offline Mitorun

• Web Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 21:57:32 »
I loved it. I haven't played any levels by Deni or Dima STDN before, but I will look for the rest. Mitorun, can you tell us why Dima STDN remade this level and if there are plans for the rest of Deni's series?

Dima's answer:
"There is a list of games at the end of the credits of any of the endings. At one time we wanted to do something in common. That is, he comes up with the story itself, traps, and the level throws in, and I do it for this design. We decided to try this on his ready-made We chose the third part because it is the smallest in terms of volume of changes

In my plans to finish the level about miners, which is mentioned in the list, in the credits. If this level hits a lot of players, then I will think about editing other levels. But this takes time. At least a year per level, because work, household chores and so on ... "

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
So I've finally finished this level. It was fine although I would enjoy it more if it was less hard (I would classify this level as very hard rather than hard). Some of the challenges were way too intense for my taste and there wasn't enough savepoints.

I liked the new tilesets and the way preexisting ones were put together. The interior of the Juni's house and the surrounding city are IMO one of the best attempts to create "realistic" human buildings in Knytt Stories. I also liked that beige underground temple.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
Just a note here, the rooves of the houses on the outside are graphics from Starbound. Perhaps not a big deal but still worth noting.

Elsewise, I thought this level had some clever and new challenges. :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
I had wondered about those rooves. I recognize the sources of many other borrowed elements, but not them. For the most part the tiles have been modified qualifying them as derivative works --a copyright gray area. I can name Almighty Zen Taco, Quincent Cartographer, Richard Arcturas Dunn, and myself in the suburbs and Jerome at the beach. It makes you wonder where they got all the other stuff and if any of it is original. The modded graphics and cutscenes show they have talent.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Yeah. It's pity they haven't mentioned it in the credits or something.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
I had wondered about those rooves. I recognize the sources of many other borrowed elements, but not them. For the most part the tiles have been modified qualifying them as derivative works --a copyright gray area. I can name Almighty Zen Taco, Quincent Cartographer, Richard Arcturas Dunn, and myself in the suburbs and Jerome at the beach. It makes you wonder where they got all the other stuff and if any of it is original. The modded graphics and cutscenes show they have talent.

I didn't realise there was so much borrowed content. But I agree that the cutscense show talent. I thought they were really well made!

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: By the Road of Dreams (by Deni & Dima STDN) [Hard, Medium, Challenge]
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2021, 16:19:47 »
Amazing level!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 19:01:38 by GrayFace »