Budja - The Puzzle Complex3

• 6 Replies
« on: August 22, 2020, 02:12:34 »
Please help! I would really appreciate additional hints for solving the first puzzle (see screenshot) of the two that make up this level.

A hint for this first puzzle instructs that the "riddle and the colours are both needed" to unlock the door. Unfortunately, I haven't solved the riddle, but little Juni has run through the colors screen and we know their order.

Sadly, I keep meeting my doom in the boiling, red hot lava of the "YOU FAIL" screen. :whoa:

Note: Don't miss the tally markings above the colors on the puzzle screen. Several times I thought I understood their meaning....heavy sigh. :oops:

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Budja%20-%20The%20Puzzle%20Complex3.knytt.bin

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Budja - The Puzzle Complex3
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 11:47:10 »
Gave it a go, but I really have no idea what the combination is and why, even after seeing the hint and 2 solution hints. The only thing is that with KS plus, all but the green one go to void screen, so that is obviously the first choice, and the counter above seems to count all attempts +1, but even if I follow the order of the solution, at the last screen, I get a you fail.

Found the hints now... Seems those colored circles on the main screen (not puzzle screen) in combination with the hint about the lowest hand holds the card thingy has to be used to figure out what color one needs to choose. Could be something like: anti-clock wise, bright color is # to the right, Dark color is # to the left n times, gray, do same number again or something like that...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:53:05 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 22:35:00 »
Thank you for giving it a try!  C)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 16:33:43 »
Hello!

While trying to solve this puzzle, I looked in the level editor.

I found that this level is broken and cannot be completed as is.

The Good news is that I have a fix for it! This fix will not give away any answers.

1) Open up the Knytt Stories folder.
2) Open up the "Worlds" folder.
3) Open up the "Budja - The Puzzle Complex" folder.
4) Edit World.ini with notepad or notepad++
5) Look for the text "[x1004y998]" and change the "ShiftYMap(A)=998" to "ShiftYMap(A)=997"

It should look like this when you're done:
Code: [Select]
[x1004y998]
Sign(A)=Be Warned: Only those with infinite patience will guess here
ShiftXPos(A)=6
ShiftYPos(A)=6
ShiftXMap(A)=1004
ShiftYMap(A)=997
ShiftTouch(A)=True
ShiftVisible(A)=False
ShiftAbsoluteTarget(A)=True

As for the riddle, since I had to look at the editor anyway, I know what the answer is, but there is one number I'm not sure about how the author gets there.

Spoiler: Riddle Hints (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Riddle Answer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 20:02:48 by pfrangip »

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 23:03:24 »
Pfrangip, THANK YOU! for taking the time to find the problem and post a fix! Also, your fix was written very clearly and easy to follow. Yaaaaaayyyyy!

Now I'm on to unlock the second puzzle lock.   :) :juni:

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 18:28:39 »
Not sure if you ever figured out the second puzzle, but I think the author made a mistake there, too.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 01:26:35 »
Thanks again pfrangip!