PF's Challenge Level Reviews

• 19 Replies

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Re: PFrangip's Lunatic Level Reviews
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 14:44:16 »
@GrayFace:

Wow, what a list! I'm going to have to try some of those. I can hardly believe you beat the SAFETY series! That is one impressive feat! I am stuck on Safety One, I beat two of the "paths" and now can't beat the first screen on the laser path.

@VG:

Thanks so much for posting that! What an incredible level! The Bonus Lunatic levels are indeed VERY lunatic. I beat the first screen and I am now having trouble with the second. It also provided me the final level I needed to finish off an even batch of ten, so those have been posted. Thanks again!

@Purple Ink

Feel free to link it and I will absolutely try it.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:31 »
@pfrangip Here it is: https://nifflas.lp1.nl/index.php?topic=5684.0

It's basically an elaborate rip-off of the machine. :sigh:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 23:41:34 »
I've added VG's masterpiece The Dithered Temple to my list. I didn't post to its thread at the time I played it, because it was about a year after its release. Consequently, I forgot to include it here.

Wow, what a list! I'm going to have to try some of those. I can hardly believe you beat the SAFETY series! That is one impressive feat! I am stuck on Safety One, I beat two of the "paths" and now can't beat the first screen on the laser path.
I didn't include levels that you reviewed in my list to make it easier to compile. As far as skill goes, if you want to get your mind blown, watch Purple Pineapple's speedruns of difficult levels, e.g. the Lunatic sequence of The Dithered Temple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_rCJhvA2E

You could probably add my hilariously bad first level if for no other reason than it's difficulty because of scarcity of save points.
Come on, it's a very good level! And with Very Hard sequence too. As for scarcity of save points, cheat-saving is the way to go.
I won't include it into my list, because I stick to strictly Lunatic ones in it, because there are way too many Very Hard levels deserving a mention for me to list.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 08:42:51 »
You could probably add my hilariously bad first level if for no other reason than it's difficulty because of scarcity of save points.
Come on, it's a very good level! And with Very Hard sequence too. As for scarcity of save points, cheat-saving is the way to go.
I won't include it into my list, because I stick to strictly Lunatic ones in it, because there are way too many Very Hard levels deserving a mention for me to list.

Well, maybe. But I don't really like it any more. Heh.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Re: PFrangip's Challenge Level Reviews
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2021, 14:57:56 »
Batch 6:
  • MW's 'Unbeatable' V3 (Mystery Wolf): The obstacle course of death.[Lunatic][Large][Challenge]<5/8/7/3>
  • The Tree of Life (Purple Ink): Explore the world, save the world.[Very Hard][Large][Misc]<4/7/5/4>
  • By the Road of Dreams(Deni & Dima STDN): Wake Up Juni![Hard/Normal][Medium][Challenge/Misc]<4/7/7/7>
  • Ruins of EGA-Lana(Vegetal Gibber): Where few dare venture[Easy/Hard/Lunatic][Small][Challenge]<1:9/9/8/10>
  • The Ultimate Climber(Tiger NDV): He who shall seek me, shall find me[Very Hard/Lunatic][Large][Challenge/Playground]<6/7/7/7>

Spoiler: Batch 6 Full Reviews (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 18:33:13 by pfrangip »