[Challenge] [Medium] [Small] My first level in 2 years

• 5 Replies
Yesterday I was reminded of this game's existence, so I downloaded it for nostalgia's sake. I decided to make a level to see if I remembered how to use the editor. Although I only made 3 levels back in 2018, I think this one came out pretty well. It's called "A Mountain Hike" and it is a short level designed to test out some of the stranger tilesets. I hope you like it. LMK if the link doesn't work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yl6Qkj4iYEJEtTiGFQePJOBJBCUCpODp/view?usp=sharing

Re: [Challenge] [Medium] [Small] My first level in 2 years
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 06:25:41 »
Edit: Although it was made using the KS+ editor, it should work fine with the vanilla game.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 16:28:49 »
Hello! Thank you for making this KS level! I enjoyed the surrealistic use of uncommon tilesets. It's always fun to see random elements brought together in a new way.

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 17:06:39 »
Okay, first things first: this feels like a level I would have made in 2011, LMAO.

But seriously, pretty good job on the level, even though it's short and somewhat tough! I wasn't really a huge fan of the random objects being used as platforms (and at least one of the enemies being close to the edge of the screen where you're more likely to run into them), but I kinda liked this nostalgic KS collage (and bizarro ending).

Good job! Keep it up! ^u^

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 13:53:07 »
It works in regular KS, but shows that it requires KS+ in Info.png. It does play like a first level - misplaced save spots (that is, with empty screens between the spot and the challenge), lots of voids and wallswims, but nothing that would make it unenjoyable.
Random thought I had while playing it: wallswims are under-utilized. They could be great as the intended way to access secret areas here and there.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 04:21:09 »
Have to admit, I didn't like this level when I started. Then by the end I found myself enjoying it. Overall pretty fun and definitely a throwback to the feel of the old, old school levels.